The data and information that make up a provider’s profile on Finder is drawn from a number of sources, including:
- Details of the provider’s professional registration taken from the formal register or list of the relevant regulatory or professional body (for example the General Medical Council) used to verify details of what the consultant or therapist “Specialises in” on the “Overview” page.
- Basic information on a provider’s practice, which consultants, therapists and facilities are required to confirm as being accurate when they become Bupa recognised, is supplied by the provider. This includes information within the “Overview”, “Areas of Interest”, “Medical Secretaries” and “Practices at” sections of the providers’ profile.
- In the case of consultants and therapists, details of conditions treated and an indication of the number of specific procedures undertaken as a Bupa recognised consultant within the last 12 months are included on Finder. This information is drawn from the billing information provided to Bupa and is displayed on the consultant “Overview” page under the heading “Information for healthcare professionals”.
- Further profile information can also be added to Finder by the consultant, therapist or facility. Before any new information is published, the provider is required to make a formal declaration that the information is accurate, up-to-date and complies with professional guidelines and/or codes of conduct. Additional profile information supplied by consultants and therapists on Finder can be found within the following sections: “About me”, “About my work”, “My qualifications & training” and “My private practice”.
Notice and Disclaimer
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed solely at those who access this website from the United Kingdom mainland. The Bupa group makes no representation that any information, product or service referred to in the materials on this website are appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Unless otherwise stated, this website is for information only. Bupa has used all reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this website but makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any information on this website and cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions. Sometimes we include content featuring or graphically representing medical or surgical procedures, which are only ever provided for educational or informative purposes. If you find or are likely to find such images offensive please do not view them or if necessary click on the "Back" button at the top left hand corner of your screen or click on the "Home" link which appears as the first tab on the row of tabs towards the top of the screen. Given that there is such content on this site, parents are advised not to allow their children to browse this site and it should not be accessed by anyone under the age of 18.
- Bupa shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. The information contained in any such materials is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice nor is it intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Material appearing on this website will include advertising and other material submitted by parties other than Bupa. This website will also provide links to other websites operated by advertisers and third parties. It is the responsibility of these third parties to ensure that such material and such websites comply with all relevant laws and regulations. To the full extent permissible by law, Bupa disclaims all responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such material or its failure to comply with the relevant laws or regulations.
- These exclusions of liability will not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Bupa or any of its employees or agents.
This notice and disclaimer is governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any part of this notice and disclaimer is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts.