An NHS private patient unit (PPU) is a separate ward, building or suite of rooms at an NHS hospital where consultants provide private patients with consultations and treatment.
We've quality checked this hospital/clinic against national best practice standards from The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), and other expert organisations so you can be reassured that you'll receive high quality care.
Bowel cancer centre
This Bupa accredited bowel care centre offers specialist care in the following areas:
- Bowel diagnosis centre
Bowel surgery centre
This centre offers the following specialist care:
- Bowel surgeons who are expected to perform a minimum number of bowel operations per year so you can be confident that you'll be treated in line with best medical practice.
- A multi-disciplinary team of specialists to review your case and make sure you're getting the best care.
- A specialist nurse to support you through your treatment.
- Access to a dietitian to support you with dietary advice specific to your condition.
- Access to information on all aspects of bowel disease and details of support groups.
Specialist services for our insurance customers
If you're using your health insurance policy to cover any of these services, you'll need to choose a hospital or clinic where the service has a green tick next to it
This hospital is able to provide outpatient services for children 16 and under and inpatient services for the age ranges indicated below.
- 1 month to 3 years
- 4 to 12 years
- 13 to 17 years
Other specialist services
If you're using your health insurance policy to cover any of these services, you’ll need to choose a hospital or clinic where the service has a green tick next to it.
- Bone marrow transplant centre
- CAR-T Therapy
- Cataract centre
- Chemotherapy services
- CT centre
- Endoscopy centre
- MRI centre
- MSK medicine
- Ophthalmic centre
- PET centre
- Radiotherapy services
- TAVI centre
Hospital listsfor our insurance customers
This hospital or clinic is included in the following hospital lists for our insurance customers. Bupa customers can find out which list they can use by looking at their membership certificate:
- Extended Choice
- Extended Choice with Central London
- Heartbeat Local
- Heartbeat National
- Participating Hospitals
- Partnership Network
- Prime Network
- Prime with Key London
Facilities and services
- CT coronary angiography
- CT scanner
- CT simulation
- Coronary care unit
- High Dependency Unit – Level 2
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Intensive Treatment Unit – Level 3
- MRI liver
- MRI onsite scanner
- MRI prostate
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- PET scanner
- Special care baby unit (SCBU)
Specialties of consultants who practise here
For Bupa members, please confirm with Bupa the specific services delivered at this facility in relation to your treatment needs and Bupa policy requirements.
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Clinical neurophysiology
- Clinical oncology
- Clinical radiology
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- General (internal) medicine
- General surgery
- Intensive care medicine
- Nuclear medicine
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Oral surgery
- Paediatric cardiology
- Paediatric surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Respiratory medicine
- Trauma & orthopaedic surgery
- Ensuite bathroom
- On site car parking
- Private room in private patient unit