- Hospital Special Instructions - COVID-19 13 Oct 2021
Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital has let us know that it has suspended all non urgent services for the time being.
We can still pre-authorise diagnostic tests and treatment (including for cancer). If your care is delayed, we guarantee to cover the cost of your treatment once you're able to have it so long as you continue your policy.
Please speak to your consultant if you've further questions or you need information about your existing treatment.
If you're unable to speak to any of the consultants we've pre-authorised for you, please get back in contact with us and we'll be happy to look for alternative consultants for you.
We've quality checked this hospital/clinic against national best practice standards from The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), and other expert organisations so you can be reassured that you'll receive high quality care.
Bowel cancer centre
This Bupa accredited bowel care centre offers specialist care in the following areas:
- Bowel diagnosis centre
Bowel surgery centre
This centre offers the following specialist care:
- Bowel surgeons who are expected to perform a minimum number of bowel operations per year so you can be confident that you'll be treated in line with best medical practice.
- A multi-disciplinary team of specialists to review your case and make sure you're getting the best care.
- A specialist nurse to support you through your treatment.
- Access to a dietitian to support you with dietary advice specific to your condition.
- Access to information on all aspects of bowel disease and details of support groups.
Live well with cancer programme
Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital offers a cancer survivorship programme to support people living with and beyond cancer.
Live well with cancer programme
This centre offers the following additional specialist care:
- Emotional support.
- Advice from a dietitian and nutritional support.
- Specialist in pain services.
- Occupational therapy.
- Palliative care services.
Specialist services for our insurance customers
If you're using your health insurance policy to cover any of these services, you'll need to choose a hospital or clinic where the service has a green tick next to it
This hospital is able to provide out-patient services for children aged 17 and under and in-patient services for the age ranges indicated below.
- 1 month to 3 years
- 4 to 12 years
- 13 to 17 years
Cataract Full Pathway provider
This hospital offers Bupa customers the full pathway cataract surgery package, which includes your surgery, mono-focal lenses and appointments before and after surgery. To find out which consultants offer the full pathway cataract surgery package at this hospital click here.
Other specialist services
If you're using your health insurance policy to cover any of these services, you’ll need to choose a hospital or clinic where the service has a green tick next to it.
- Bone marrow transplant centre
- CAR-T Therapy
- Cataract centre
- Chemotherapy services
- CT centre
- Endoscopy centre
- MRI centre
- MSK medicine
- Ophthalmic centre
- PET centre
- Radiotherapy services
- TAVI centre
Hospital listsfor our insurance customers
This hospital or clinic is included in the following hospital lists for our insurance customers. Bupa customers can find out which list they can use by looking at their membership certificate:
- Essential Access
- Extended Choice
- Extended Choice with Central London
- Heartbeat Local
- Heartbeat National
- Participating Hospitals
- Partnership Network
- Prime Network
- Prime with Key London
Facilities and services
- CT scanner
- CT simulation
- Endoscopy unit
- MRI arthrogram
- MRI breast
- MRI liver
- MRI multiparametric
- MRI onsite scanner
- Physiotherapy services
Specialties of consultants who practise here
Bupa customers, please confirm with Bupa the specific services delivered at this facility in relation to your treatment needs and Bupa policy requirements.
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Clinical oncology
- Clinical radiology
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- General (internal) medicine
- General surgery
- Infectious diseases
- Medical oncology
- Nuclear medicine
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Renal medicine
- Respiratory medicine
- Trauma & orthopaedic surgery
- On site car parking