- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I qualified in Edinburgh in 1975 and worked as lecturer and senior registrar there before moving to the Division of Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary (University Hospitals Bristol) where I have worked as consultant physician since 1987, including 15 years as Clinical Director/Lead Doctor..
My speciality is Respiratory Medicine. I have a particular interest in breathing disorders during sleep, including sleep apnoea syndrome. I set up the Sleep Unit at Bristol Royal Infirmary, which is the largest centre for the investigation and treatment of breathing disorders during sleep in the South West Region..
Areas of interest
- Amanda Ezel
- 0117 980 4051
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant physician with an interest in Respiratory Medicine, University Hospitals Bristol.
Sleep apnoea syndrome and other breathing disorders during sleep.
- B Sc Hons University of Edinburgh 1972
- MB ChB University of Edinburgh 1975
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 1978
- MD University of Edinburgh 1986
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 1992
- FRCP Ed Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 1994
- MRC Travelling Fellowship Stanford University, California, USA 1985
Reference number 1344356
Details of entry to specialist register
- General (Internal) Medicine, 1985
- Thoracic Medicine, 1985
Affiliations / memberships
British Thoracic Society
British Sleep Society
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Royal College of Physicians of London
European Respiratory Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.