- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General cross sectional
- General ultrasound
- Gynaecological radiology
- Interventional radiology
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
Consultant Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist at Oxford University Hospital NHS Trust and Manor Hospital, Oxford.
Specialist in management and treatment of vascular malformations. Expert in non-surgical treatment of varicose veins. Experienced diagnostic radiologists with specialist interests in vascular, urological and gynaecological imaging. Expertise in wide-range of minimally invasive treatments for problems with arteries and veins including treatment of peripheral vascular disease and aneurysmal diseases. Practice includes angioplasty and stent procedures for both arteries and veins and embolisation (fibroids, pelvic congestion, bone lesions)
Areas of interest
Interventional radiology; Computed tomography (CT); Ultrasound; Fibroid embolisation; Vascular radiology; Vascular malformations; Gynaecological imaging; Uroradiology
Distinction in Medicine Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School
Cum Laude for poster "Is there a role for for empiric gastrointestinal embolisation" at CIRSE 2011
Best poster presentation "Review of analgesia strategies in UAE" BSIR 2012
Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Journal Editor's Gold Medal for best paper 2013 - FUME trial of fibroid embolisation versus myomectomy.
2. Embolisation of visceral artery aneurysms with ethylene-vinyl alcohol (Onyx) – a case series. Bratby M J, Lehmann E D, Bottomley J, Mcpherson S J, Kessel D O, Nicholson A A, Belli A-M. CVIR (2006) 29(6): 1125-8
3. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Analysis of Fibroid Location in women achieving pregnancy after Uterine Artery Embolisation. Walker W J, Bratby M J. CVIR (2007) 30(5):876-81
4. Prospective study of Elective Bilateral versus Unilateral Arterial Puncture for Uterine Artery Embolisation. Bratby M J, Ramachandran N, Sheppard N, Kyriou J, Munneke G M, Belli A-M. CVIR 2007 30(6): 1139-43
5. Outcomes following Unilateral Uterine Artery Embolisation. Bratby M J, Hussain F F, Walker W J. CVIR 2008 31(2) 254-9
6.How Safe Is Bilateral Internal Iliac Embolisation prior to EVAR ? Bratby M J, Munneke G, Loosemore T, Thompson M, Belli A-M, Morgan R. CVIR 2008 31(2):246-253
7. Radiological treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids. Bratby M J, Belli A-M. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2008. 22(4):717-34
8. Uterine Artery Embolisation for symptomatic Adenomyosis – Mid-term Results. Bratby M J, Walker W J. Eur J Radiol 2009. 70(1):128-3
9. Uterine Artery Embolization versus Myomectomy : Impact on Quality of Life – Results of the FUME (Fibroids of the Uterus : Myomectomy versus Embolization ) Trial. Manyonda I, Bratby M, Horst J, Banu N, Gorti M, Belli A-M. CVIR. 2012. 35(3):530-6
11. Successful Fibroid Embolisation of Pelvic and Inferior Mesenteric Artery collaterals after previous Uterine Artery Coil Embolisation. Dixon S, Tapping C, Bratby M, Uberoi R, Anthony S. Acta Radiologica. 2012. 53(3):292-5
12. Early Endovascular salvage of a bovine pericardial superior vena cava graft. Tapping C, Dixon S, Dias L, Black E, Bratby M. JVIR. 2012. 23(4):573-4
13. Hypertrophic Inferior Phrenic Artery Embolization. Briggs J, Tapping C R, Bratby M J. JVIR. 2012. 23(9):1187
15. Is There a Role for Empiric Gastroduodenal Artery Embolization in the Management of Patients with Active Upper GI Haemorrhage? Dixon S, Chan V, Shrivastava V, Anthony S, Uberoi R, Bratby M. CVIR 2013. 36(4):970-7
16. Future Role of Pharmacotherapeutics and Molecular Imaging in Interventional Radiology. Tapping C R, Bratby M J. CVIR. 2013 36(4):904-12.
Recent audit of outcomes from fibroid embolisation demonstrated high technical success (97% successful bilateral uterine artery embolisation) and over 90% clinical improvement at 6 months in line with Quality Improvement Standards from CIRSE.
BIAS registry data shows high technical success and low complication rates from iliac stent and angioplasty.
High satisfaction scores from patients undergoing procedures via radiology day-case unit.
Reference number 4537045
Affiliations / memberships
Member of BSIR and CIRSE for 9 years.
Invited faculty member to CIRSE and BSIR meetings
- Nuffield Health The Manor Hospital, OX3 7RP
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01865 989452
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.