- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a Consultant Rheumatologist believing in a holistic approach in the management of all rheumatic condition. I keep uptodate and have special interests in the early diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
Areas of interest
Diagnosis and management of early inflammatory arthritis including Rheumatoid arthritis; Psoriatic arthritis and Ankylosing spondylitis.
Osteoporosis: diagnosis and management.
Connective tissue disorders: Systemic Lupus erythematous and sjogrens syndrome
Fibromyalgia and Joint Hypermobility disorders
Use of ultrasound in the diagnosis and management of inflammatory arthritis;
intra-articular and soft tissue cortico-steroid injections.
- John Pradeep
- 9 Oak Avenue South Wootton KING'S LYNN PE30 3JQ
- 01553 672766
- 07899 900660
Current NHS consultant posts held
CONSULTANT RHEUMATOLOGIST AT QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL KINGS LYNN NHS FOUNDATION TRUST NORFOLK
CLINICS ALSO IN NORTH CAMBRIDGESHIRE HOSPITAL, WISBECH AND FAKENHAM MEDICAL PRACTICE NORFOLK (ALT FRIDAYS)
ULTRASONOGRAPHY IN DIAGNOSIS OF INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS
ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS AND OUTCOMES
CHRISTIAN GOSPEL MUSIC
• Predicting Outcome in Ankylosing Spondylitis- Editorial, DJ Pradeep, A Keat, K Gaffney- Rheumatology (Oxford). 2008 Jul; 47(7).942-5.
• Switching anti-TNF therapy in Ankylosing Spondylitis- DJ Pradeep, A Keat, K Gaffney, A Brookby, J Leeder, C Harris. Rheumatology 2008
• Screening for MTB prior to anti-TNF therapy- an audit of impact of the BTS guidelines on rheumatology practice. DJ Pradeep, GPR Clunie, K Gaffney, A Brooksby, NJ Innes, P Bradley, A Gulati. Rheumatology 2008
• Chapter contribution to the core reading material on the post graduate diploma in Musculoskeletal Medicine (PG Dip MsMed) offered by Middlesex University, London (Rheumatoid arthritis, Authors- Dr Pradeep DJ; Dr Karl Gaffney) .
• Hyper parathyroid bone disease-an unusual and memorable condition.Pradeep DJ, Clunie GPR.Ann Rheum Dis.2006 Sep; 65(9):1244.
• Comment on: Screening for Mycobacterium tuberculosis prior to anti-TNF therapy—an audit of impact of the British Thoracic Society guidelines on rheumatology practice5 in an area of low Mycobacterium tuberculosis prevalence: reply, Rheumatology 2009
• Audit on the uptake of influenza and pneumococcal vaccination in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Pradeep DJ, Watts RA, Clunie GPR.Ann Rheum Dis 2007;66:837-838.doi:10.1136/ard.2006.060285.
• An audit of recording cardiovascular risk factors in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus in centres in East Anglia and the south east. Teir J, Koduri G, Meadows A, Hall FC, Pradeep DJ-accepted as a letter to Rheumatology 2007.
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly visit GP Practices to educate local GPs on Rheumatic conditions which are often sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and BMI. Of note is the free joint injection technique workshop for GPs in Congham Hall Norfolk in April 2014.
I am also doing a talk at the Burnham Market Surgery Norfolk in NOV 2014.
I SEE ONLY OUT PATIENTS. SO NOT APPLICABLE .
WILL NEED TO DO A PATIENT SATISFACTION SURVEY , MY NHS PATIENT SURVEY SCORE IS 4.8/5 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST WEBSITE VIA THE QUEEN ELIZABETH NHS FOUNDATION TRUST NHS TRUST WEBSITE.
- FRCP ROYAL COLLEGE EDINBURGH 2012
- CASE CERTIFIED SONOGRAPHER EAST KENT UNIVERSITY 2013
- PG Certificate in Medical Education Cambridge University 2015
Reference number 5186460
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST RHEUMATOLOGY, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
GMC London UK
- BMI SANDRINGHAM KINGS LYNN
- 17:00 - 19:30
- 07480 754475
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details