- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Adam Cohen is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon at The James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Mr Cohen treats patients privately at East Point Consulting Rooms and The Spire Norwich Hospital. His specialist interests involve treatment of the hip, knee and foot.
After qualifying from University College and Middlesex School of Medicine, he completed his postgraduate training on the South East Thames Orthopaedic Training Rotation. Mr Cohen has attained an MSc degree in orthopaedic engineering. He undertook specialist fellowship training in Hip and Knee reconstruction and Sports medicine at University College Hospital in London.
Areas of interest
Hip replacement surgery; Hip arthroscopy; Revision hip surgery; Young adult hip surgery; Sports injuries; Knee replacement surgery; Knee arthroscopy; Foot surgery; Extra-corporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Donna Lorne
- Spire Norwich Hospital Old Watton Road Colney NORWICH NR4 7TD
- 07506 783472
- 07506 783472
- Janet Hender
- East Point Consulting Rooms James Paget Hospital Lowestoft Road Gorleston GREAT YARMOUTH NR31 6LA
- 01493 601770
- 01493 442430
- Maureen Grant
- Dept. Of Orthopaedics James Paget Hospital Lowestoft Road Gorleston GREAT YARMOUTH NR31 6LA
- 01493 452249
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Rajesh Dumpala Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Lower limb Surgeon with special interest in hip surgery
The James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Cohen’s research interests centre on hip and knee reconstruction including complex and revision joint replacements. Mr Cohen also treats young adult patients who have problems with their hips and is specifically interested in joint preservation surgery.
Mr Cohen is also one of the few surgeons in England who performs hip replacement by the Direct Anterior Approach which significantly improves the rehabilitation following the operation.
Mr Cohen is a keen cricketer and enjoys teaching cricket as an ECB level 1 coach. Mr Cohen enjoys spending time with his family and plays tennis and golf when he is able.
'Surgery of The Hip' Edited by Dr Daniel Berry and Dr Jay Lieberman
Daily Mail article - Health Section. Hip preservation Surgery
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to visit GP surgerys and physiotherapy departments to talk about all aspects of hip surgery.
View videos on youtube
Re-admission rate 0.5%
Post operative infection rate 0.5%
Mortality rate 0%
My infection rates and re-admission rates are very low compared to the national average. I make every effort to ensure that patients do not get infections after their surgery under my care. I have good support from colleagues and the James Paget Hospital has the lowest mortality rate for the east of England.
- MBBS University College and Middlesex School of Medicine 1995
- MRCS Royal Colleege of Surgerons in Edinburgh 2000
- MSc in Orthopaedic Engineering Cardiff University 2003
- Diploma in Trauma and Orthopaedics University of Brighton 2007
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons 2008
- Fellowship in Complex Hip and Sports Injury Surgery University College Hospital NHS Trust, London 2009
Reference number 4192253
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedics, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Medical Defence Union
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
European Hip Society
- East Point Consulting Rooms James Paget...
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01493 601770
- Spire Norwich Hospital, NR4 7TD
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01603 255574
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Patients should contact Mr Cohen's secretary Donna on 07506 783472