- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have a busy NHS practice based at University Hospital Ayr and a similarly busy private practice in Ayr and Glasgow. My inpatient work is mainly hip and knee replacements both primary and revision (or re-do) joint replacements. Day case work is primarily knee arthroscopy for cartilage damage and forefoot surgery.
My year of fellowship training in complex primary and revision surgery means I am well qualified to undertake all forms of lower limb joint replacement.
My management is "evidence based" which means I only offer treatments that I believe in and that are backed up by robust evidence.
Areas of interest
Revision surgery (orthopaedic); Lower limb arthroplasty; Hip Arthroplasty; Knee Arthroplasty; Knee surgery; Arthroscopy; Forefoot surgery including Hallux valgus (bunion) surgery.
- Rosemary Phillip (NHS only)
- Orthopaedic Department University Hospital Ayr Dalmellington Road AYR KA6 6DX
- 01292 610555
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
consultant in trauma and orthopaedic surgery at University Hospital Ayr with a sub-specialist interest in complex primary and revision hip and knee replacement.
continuous development of the enhanced recovery protocol to ensure optimisation of post operative pain relief, early mobilisation on the day of surgery and early safe discharge home.
dogs, horses, rugby, triathlon and endurance races and 5 children - not necessarily in that order!
- MB,BS university of London 1994
- MRCS Royal Colleg of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 2001
- PG Diploma in Orthopaedic Engineering University of Wales 2003
- FRCS (Trauma And Orthopaedics) Intercollegiate 2006
- primary and revision lower limb arthroplasty fellowship Derriford Hospital, Plymouth 2007
Reference number 4108407
Details of entry to specialist register
- trauma and orthopaedic surgery, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Society
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- BMI Carrick Glen Hospital, KA6 6PG
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 01292 288882
- BMI Rosds Hall Hospital. G52 3NQ
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 0141 810 3151
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital, G52 3NQ
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
J D Press