- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Tavakkolizadeh completed his Orthopaedic Registrar training at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital and he has completed two fellowships including a sports medicine and upper limb surgery fellowship in Australia followed by a year of upper limb surgery fellowship at King's College Hospital. He took up the post of Consultant Orthopaedic and upper limb surgeon at King's College Hospital in 2008.
He provides a comprehensive upper limb service including minimally invasive and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery. He also performs wrist arthroscopies and treats upper limb fractures and soft tissue sports injuries in conjunction with appropriate rehabilitation when necessary.
He also treats nerve compression neuropathies including cubital and carpal tunnel syndrome.
He is actively involved in research and teaching. He has numerous publications in peer reviewed journals and is involved in postgraduate training. He is an organiser and faculty member in several educational and skills courses and participates regularly in GP and physio teaching programmes.
Areas of interest
Shoulder; Elbow; Wrist; Hand; Surgery; Arthroscopy; Sports injuries; Upper limb surgery; Upper limb fractures; Fractures and trauma; Minimally invasive surgery; Rotator cuff repair; Shoulder stabilisation; Tennis elbow; Shoulder impingement; Injections; Carpal tunnel syndrome; Ulnar nerve compression; Distal biceps rupture; Golfer's elbow; Dupuytren's disease; trigger finger; trapeziectomy; Shoulder arthroscopy; Elbow arthroscopy; Wrist arthroscopy; Scaphoid fractures; Shoulder replacement; Elbow replacement; Base of thumb arthritis
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Imran Ahmad Not Fee Assured
- Dr Miguel Plaza Not Fee Assured
- Dr Varaidzo C Dipura Fee Assured
- Dr Charles Thoburn Not Fee Assured
- London and Kent Bone and Joint Clinic
- London Bridge Orthopaedics Group
- London and Kent Shoulder Unit
Current NHS consultant posts held
King's College Hospital
London SE5 9RS
Patient reported outcomes
Value based healthcare
Courses offered to GPs
Please refer to:
- MB BS The Royal London Hospital Medical College 1995
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1999
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2006
- MSc (Distinction) Brighton University 2008
- Sports Medicine Fellowship Perth Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre 2006
- Shoulder & Elbow, Hand & Wrist Surgery Fellowship King's College Hospital 2007
Reference number 4193137
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Trauma Lead King's College Hospital 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.