- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Ms Sangeeta Maini has specialist experience in Ear, Nose & Throat surgery with particular clinical interest in ear problems including hearing and balance disorders, eustachian tube problems (after flights or diving), nose and sinus disorders, children’s ENT disorders, voice problems and facial pain management.
Over the last 20 years she has been specialising in this field mainly in UK but has also gained considerable experience in Australia. Research interests are in hearing preservation surgery, allergic rhinitis, nasal surgery and Tinnitus. Ms Maini has published extensively in these areas and won several prizes at major surgical meetings.
She has presented her papers nationally and internationally and has several international publications. She has also taught medical students and post-graduate students in the UK, Australia and India Ms Sangeeta Maini offers up-to-date and comprehensive range of treatments for conditions affecting the ear, nose and throat in both Adults and Children. Some of the common problems she treats include:
Areas of interest
Tinnitus; Otology (ears); eustachian tube issues, Rhinology (nasal disorders); Paediatric (children) ENT problems, Hearing loss, Allergic rhinitis, Snoring and sleep apnoea.allergic rhinitis, immunotherapy for allergy.Botox for facial pain.
Non surgical Rhinoplasty
Chronic ear conditions medical management and surgical correction,Chronic Facial pain, Chronic cough.
Eustachain tube disorders.
Head and neck surgery (oral-maxillo-facial);
- Heather Morrow
- Albyn Hospital 21-24 Albyn Place ABERDEEN AB10 1RW
- 01224 595993
- 07795 361250
- 01224 584797
Current NHS consultant posts held
AberdeenUniversity Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK. (March2008-continuing)
hearing preservation, Tinnitus, otological and nasal subspecialities, Nasal blockage, eustachian tube and barotrauma disorders.
Best research paper presentation SWLA meeting, Bristol 2007
Best national trainee research paper presentation 2006 Awarded by Karl Storz at Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK
Nepal Bursary 2005-6 Section of Otology, Royal Society of Medicine, London, Dec
Awarded year TWJ fellowship (RSM)– University of Melbourne, Australia, 2006-07 .
Ethicon Foundation Fund travel grant (2006) - awarded by the Ethicon Foundation .
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
1. Book Chapter 9 Malignant Otitis externa Authors / Editors: (Sangeeta Kapur Maini, Raghav C. Dwivedi and Bhaskar Ram, Contribution in the ADVANCES IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY, ed. Leon V Berhardt Malignant Otitis Externa, pp 181-192
12. Facial Palsy in Otitis Media e-book Chapter.ID_38015, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. 13 July 2013 ISBN 978-1-63484-786-5 Chapter 3 pg 51-60
13. Facial Pain : Differential diagnosis in ENT clinic B Ram, S Maini vol 25 no3 Jul/ Aug 2016 pg 66-70
16. Dacryocystorhinostomy. Sangeeta. Kapur. Maini,. Vamsidhar. Vallamkondu,. A.J. Cohen et al. (eds.), The Lacrimal System: Diagnosis, Management, and Surgery, Second Edition, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-10332-7_12, © Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
17. How I do it- ENT News – Chronic cough hypersensitivity syndrome S maini, B ram published May/ june 2015 issue ENT news Vol 24 No 2 pg 53-56
18. Biodegradable synthetic polyurethane foam nasal packing after septoplasty m shakeel s maini et al Journal of College of surgeons Pakistan 2015 vol 25(6) 449-452
19. Facial Pain- A diagnostic Challenge Poster Publication N Nagrath Sangeeta. Kapur. Maini,. Vamsidhar. Vallamkondu,. BACO 2015
20. “Aspirin Desensitisation in AERD “ SS Dubb, C Mamias, B Ram, S Maini EACCI June 2015 issue 49 Vol 4 Spain Barcelona.
21. Shakeel M, Carlile A, Venkatraman J, Mountain RE, Maini S. Earplugs presenting as an impacted foreign body in the ear canal. Clin Otolaryngol. 2013 Jun;38(3):280-1. doi: 10.1111/coa.12120.
22. Nicorandil Associated Pinna Ulceration - A New Entity For An Otolaryngologist
Maini, Sangeeta et al.
American Journal of Otolaryngology, Volume(s) 34, 18-Jun-2013, Pages 586-588
Courses offered to GPs
1 allergy management
2 Dizziness management
3 ENT up-date course
4 Facial pain management
- FRCS (ORL) ROYAL COLLEGE EDINBURGH 2005
- FRCS ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS IRELAND & EDINBURGH 1998
Reference number 4489829
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- DLO (RCS) ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS ENGLAND 1996
Details of entry to specialist register
- PMETB LONDON, 2007
- twj fellowship, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Scottish otolaryngology society
- 21-24 Albyn PlaceABERDEENAB10 1RW
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 01224 577400
- BMI Albyn Hospital, AB10 1RW
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01224 577400
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01224 595993 and speak to the duty sister