- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I am an experienced clinical psychologist who has worked in the NHS for over 15 years. I have worked in private practice since 2009. In my practice I have supported both children, young people and adults to address a host of difficulties such as low mood; anxiety, issues with self esteem; adjustment and grief reactions. I have specialist expertise in supporting new mothers and couples adjusting to parenthood as well as working with children and young people who present with neurodevelopmental and learning issues. I work primarily from a CBT perspective but also use other evidence based models in my practice.
Areas of interest
For adults: Low mood and depression; issues with self esteem; anxiety and phobias; adjustment difficulties; parental wellbeing; pregnancy, prenatal & postpartum issues.
For children & young people: low mood and depression; issues with self esteem; anxiety and phobias; adjustment difficulties; developmental problems for children such as sleep, toileting & learning new skills; Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD); attention & concentration problems (ADHD)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Principal Clinical Psychologist,
South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Parent-infant mental health
Implementation of 1001 Days
Building knowledge of Infant Mental Health in the early years workforce
Neurodevelopmental disorders; CBT for children & adolescents
Use of media and online training to disseminate clinical knowledge and support clinical practice.
Child development and Early Years Policy
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Queens University Belfast 2004
- Masters in Child Development Institute of Education, University of London 1998
- BA in Psychology University College Galway, Republic of Ireland 1995
- Pg Dip CBT for Children & Adolescents Institute of Psychology, Psychiatry & Neuroscience, Kings College London 2008
- Pg Cert in Parent Infant Psychotherapy Oxford Parent Infant Project 2018
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Principal Clinical Psychologist South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust 2015
Affiliations / memberships
Health Professionals Council
British Psychological Society
- Consulting Rooms in Clapham South
- 09:30 - 14:30
- 07745 579828
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.