- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Refractive surgery
Say Aun Quah graduated in medicine from Queen's University of Belfast in 1994 and he has over 20 years of experience in Ophthalmology. He began his Ophthalmology career at Cheltenham General Hospital in 1997 and then trained as Senior House Officer at several London hospitals including St Thomas' Hospital before moving to the Northwest to join Liverpool University Hospital. At Liverpool, following the completion of his registrar training, Say Aun undertook advanced speciality training in cornea & refractive surgery and oculoplastics. He has also completed a cornea, anterior segment & refractive surgery fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London. Say Aun Quah was first appointed to the position of an NHS Consultant Ophthalmologist in 2006.
Areas of interest
Corneal surgery / disease; Corneal Transplantation (surgery); Routine and Complex Cataract surgery; Glaucoma; Glaucoma surgery; Oculoplastics; Laser and Surgical Refractive surgery (eyes); Lens Refractive surgery; Implantable contact lenses; Premium Lens implantation; Post Laser Refractive surgery Cataract operation; Supplementary lens implantation; Sulcoflex lens implantation; Rayner Duet lens implantation; Corneal Collagen cross linking; Riboflavin corneal cross linking
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Say Aun Quah has worked with Dr David Banks at the following hospitals:
- Spire Regency Hospital (5-50)
Mr Say Aun Quah has worked with Dr Shashi Rawal at the following hospitals:
- Spire Regency Hospital (1-5)
- Say Aun Quah: http://www.sayaunquah.com
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS Clinical Lead & Consultant Ophthalmologist at East Cheshire Hospitals NHS Trust (Macclesfield District General Hospital and Congleton War Memorial Hospital).
Femtosecond cataract surgery, Premium lens implantation, Biometry and outcome of cataract surgery, Corneal transplantation.
I live with my wife and 4 young children in Cheshire. My interests and hobbies include gardening, racquet games, cycling, running, and spending time with the children (not necessary in that order!).
"Optician" journal award for contribution to CET, 2007
Runner up "Doctor of the Year" award, East Cheshire NHS Trust, 2010
Winner of "Equality & Diversity" award, Mid Cheshire NHS Foundation Trust, 2011
British Medical Journal, British Journal of Ophthalmology, Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Eye, Optometry in Practice, Contact Lens & Anterior Eye, Acta Ophthlalmologica.
Courses offered to GPs
"A journey through the history of refractive surgery", "Managing red eyes- when to refer?", "update on management of dry eyes", "An update on corneal transplantation", "Clinical advances in intraocular lenses", Latest technology in cataract surgery"
- PgDip CRS University of Ulster 2017
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2006
- MRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2000
- MB BCh BAO Queen University of Belfast 1994
- Oculoplastics ASTO Warrington Hospital 2005
- Corneal ASTO (Advance Subspeciality Training in Ophthalmology) Royal Liverpool University Hospital 2005
- Corneal and Refractive Surgery Fellowship Moorfields Eye Hospital 2007
Reference number 4066899
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Past Officer for MCLOSA Medical Contact Lens and Ocular Surface Association 2011
- Examiner College of Optometrists 2007
- Examiner The Royal College of Ophthamologists 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Ophthalmology Specialist Register, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
UK and Ireland Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
Medical Contact Lens & Ocular Surface Association
American Academy of Ophthalmology
- BMI The South Cheshire Private Hospital, CW1 4QP
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 01625 505428
- Optegra Manchester Eye Hospital One Didsbury...
- 08:30 - 19:30
- 0161 240 0703
- Optegra Manchester Eye Hospital, M20 2EY
- 08:30 - 19:30
- 0161 240 0703
- Spire Regency Hospital West Street...
- 08:30 - 17:00
- 01270 567477
- Toleman Ophthalmic Practice
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01270 567477
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
In the event of an urgent query please contact the hospital where your surgery took place for advice or alternatively please send an email to email@example.com for advice.