- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Interventional cardiology
- Percutaneous coronary intervention with/without stenting
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Transthoracic echocardiography
- Video and telephone consultations
I have sub-specialty expertise in the treatment of angina and coronary disease including coronary intervention and CT coronary angiography. I welcome referrals in all aspects of general cardiology including cardiovascular risk assessment, hypertension, chest pain, palpitation, heart failure and valvular heart disease.
Areas of interest
Angioplasty; Arrhythmias; Hypertension; Heart failure; Interventional cardiology; Coronary stenting; cardiac complications from chemotherapy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Edinburgh Heart Centre
Western General Hospital and Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
Honorary Senior Lecturer University of Edinburgh.
I run an active research and clinical trial program investigating new therapies for heart disease.
- BSc First Class Honours University of Edinburgh 1993
- MBChB University of Edinburgh 1996
- PhD University of Edinburgh 2005
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2007
Reference number 4321187
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology Consultant, 2007
- Spire Shawfair Park Hospital
- 16:00 - 19:00
- 0131 654 5600
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Peter Henriksen