- Fee assured
- Verified this account
She was appointed to the Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Chelmsford, Essex in July 2017 as a substantive Consultant Rheumatologist.
Before moving to Chelmsford, for 9 years she was a substantive Consultant Rheumatologist at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Durham.
Dr Ashok working as a Consultant Rheumatologist since 2008 and have broad experience in the diagnosis of all musculo-skeletal rheumatic conditions. Her priority as a specialist is to ensure an accurate diagnosis so that she can provide patients with accurate information about their condition and early management. She has extensive experience in the provision of soft tissue and joint injections for the relief of pain and inflammation and have a particular interest in managing early inflammatory arthritis.
Over the years of consultant experience she has performed a vast number of soft tissue and joint injections for the relief of pain and inflammation.
Dr. Ashok qualified from University of Mysore, India 1991 and trained in General Medicine at the reputed Indian hospital. Upon completing her Higher Medical Training from the Oxford Deanery in both General Medicine and Rheumatology she developed further interest in Early Arthritis and Musculoskeletal ultrasound.
She has strong interest in Medical Education and was a Foundation Tutor and also an MRCP examiner.
She has active interest in research and is the principal investigator in three major multicentre clinical trials in the NIHR portfolio, in addition to pharmaceutical sponsored clinical studies.
Areas of interest
Early inflammatory arthritis;
Inflammatory Back pain;
Inflammatory bowel disease associated arthritis;
Systemic lupus erythematosus;
Connective tissue disorders;
Soft tissue pathology;
Giant cell arteritis;
soft tissue injections:
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Chelmsford
Working locations are:
St Michael’s Hospital & Birthing Centre,
Off Rayne Road,
Early Arthritis, Osteoporosis
Reading, Travelling and Cooking
1. U Karjigi and D Ashok. “Uncommon Side Effects of D-Pencillamine” Case Reports in clinical Medicine, vol. 3, no 3 March2014.
2. Elneima O, Pratt A and Ashok D “Review of post infective arthritis” Darlington and County Durham Hospital Medical journal Vol 5 no 2 2011 page 14-17.
3. Ashok D, Dubey S and Tomlinson I: “ANCA positive systemic vasculitis associated with infliximab therapy for rheumatoid arthritis” Clin Rheumatol (2008) 27:261-264.
4. Ashok D and Kiely P: “Bowel Associated Dermatosis - Arthritis Syndrome”. J Med Case Reports. 2007 Sep 5; 1:81.
5. Dayavathi Ashok and Elaine Baguley: “Paraneoplastic Raynaud’s phenomenon and Digital Ischaemia as a Presenting Feature of Underlying Malignancy”. The Internet Journal of Rheumatology 2007 Volume 3 Number 2.
6. Ashok D, Ayliffe W H, Kiely PDW: “Necrotizing scleritis associated with rheumatoid arthritis– long term remission from high dose Infliximab therapy”. Rheumatology – Volume 44 Number 7 July 2005 Page no. 950-1.
7. Dubey SG, Shah NM, Dayavathi, Mangat GK, Shetty PG, Joshi VR: “Tubercular splenic abscesses in a patient with AIDS”. The Journal of Association Physicians India. 1996 Aug; Volume 44, no. 8, 575-7.
8. Shah NM, Mangat GK, Dayavathi, Agarwal S, Shetty PG, Joshi VR: “Pigmented villonodular synovitis”. The Journal of Indian Rheumatism Association. 1996 Jan-Mar; 4(1): 35-6.
9. Dayavathi, Shah NM, Mangat GK, Dubey SG, Joshi VR: “Redman syndrome”. The Journal Association Physicians India. 1995 Oct; 43 (10): 724.
Courses offered to GPs
Management of Early Arthritis, Osteoporosis , connective tissue disease and Gout.
- FRCP The Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, UK 2010
- MRCP The Royal College of Physicians, London, UK 2002
- MBBS Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, University of Mysore, India 1991
- FRCP The Royal College of Physicians, London , UK 2013
- Associate of the Higher Education Academy The Royal College of Physicians, London, UK 2011
- Certificate in EULAR ON-LINE COURSE ON RHEUMATIC DISEASES EULAR 2009
Reference number 5202220
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training) in Rheumatology and General Internal Medicine – Oxford Deanery, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
- The Royal College of Physicians-London
- The British Society of Rheumatology (BSR)
- The Medical Protection Society – UK
- The General Medical Council – UK
- The National Osteoporosis Society – UK
- Member of North East England PMR/GCA Support Group
- British international doctors association (BIDA)
- Member of Indo-UK Rheumatology society
- Spire Hartswood Hospital
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 01277 232525
- Springfield Hospital
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 01245 234000
- The Chelmsford Private Day Surgery Hospital,...
- 10:30 - 14:00
- 01245 253760
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details