- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video and telephone consultations
After gaining a masters degree in psychology at Cambridge University, Louise worked for a number of years as strategic change consultant for a major City institution. She then returned to psychology and qualified as a Chartered Counselling Psychologist at Roehampton University.
She has experience in a range of therapeutic approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness-based therapies, psychodynamic therapy and EMDR. She undertakes both short-term and long-term work with patients. Although not currently working in the NHS, Louise has several years of experience working in Primary Care.
Louise specialises in anxiety and impulse control disorders, stress management, low self-esteem, and trauma including the effects of childhood abuse. She also runs a psychoeducational group on improving self-esteem and a mindfulness group.
Areas of interest
Adult mental health; Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT); Mindfulness based approaches; Acceptance and Commitment Therapy; Anxiety disorders including GAD, OCD, panic disorder, phobias, trauma; depression and low self-esteem; Trichotillomania and other impulse control disorders
- MA Psychology Cambridge University 1995
- MSc Counselling Psychology Roehampton University 2007
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing EMDR Institute 2011
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Mindfulness Training Limited 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- BPS, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Associate Fellow of BPS Counselling Psychology division
Registered practitioner with HCPC