- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Ultralase Harley Street Clinic, Optegra Eye Hospital North London, Optegra Eye Hospital London .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Refractive surgery
- Surgical retinal
Mr Saeed is the Head of Ophthalmology Department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Trust. He is a highly experienced ophthalmic surgeon with expertise in complex cataract surgery. He also offers a range of refractive lens procedures including multifocal and toric intra-ocular lens implants. Mr Saeed leads the Vitreoretinal Surgery service at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn. He won the Clinical Excellence Awards in recognition of establishing this service in his hospital.
He offers treatment for a range of eye conditions including cataract, glaucoma, lid diseases, dry eyes, retinal detachment, macular hole, epiretinal membrane, floaters, retinal vein occlusion, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, eye trauma and laser treatment of the eye.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Retinal disease / surgery; Vitreoretinal surgery; Laser surgery; Glaucoma; General Ophthalmology; Dry eyes; Lid cysts. Painful eye;
- Hannah Warnes
- Sandringham Private Hospital Gayton Road Gaywood King's Lynn PE30 4HJ
- 01553 769770
- 07979 192020
- 01553 767573
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Manesh Mathews Fee Assured
- Dr Sherif Shafeek Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Lead for Ophthalmology Department, Consultant Ophthalmic & Vitreoretinal Surgeon,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
Refractive lens surgery
Clinical Excellence Awards
(Additional) Languages spoken
Courses offered to GPs
Mr Saeed regularly conducts teaching sessions for GPs, optometrists and ophthalmologists.
Post op infection rate is less than 0.1%
Carry out approximately 1000 procedures per year.
Outcome of refractive lens surgery showed above average results.
Audit of retinal surgery showed very satisfactory outcome.
- FRCSEd The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1995
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists London 2014
- Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery Moorfields Eye Hospital & King's College Hospital London 2003
- Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery Tennent Institure of Ophthalmology Glasgow 2005
- Fellowship in Medical Retina Hillingdon & Western Eye Hospitals London 2003
Reference number 4347266
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- CESR Principal Assessor Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
European Vitreo Retinal Society
British & Eire Association of Vitreo Retinal Surgeons
European Society of Retina Specialists
- Optegra Eye Hospital Unit 6 Technology Park...
- 09:00 - 17:30
- 020 8205 8003
- Optegra Eye Hospital, 25 Queen Anne...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 020 7509 5400
- Sandringham Private Hospital Gayton Road KING'S...
- 08:00 - 20:00
- 07979 192020
- Ultralase Harley Street Clinic, W1G 9QQ
- 08:00 - 19:00
- 01553 613993
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07979 19 20 20