- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 11 Jun 2020
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
I began working as a clinical psychologist in the N.H.S. in 1981. Since this time I continued to work in the N.H.S. in a variety of mental health settings in England and Scotland. I retired from the service in 2016. Since 1989 I have had my own private practice initially in London and, since 1996, in Edinburgh. I qualified as a psychoanalytic psychotherapist with the British Association of Psychotherapy in 1993. Since 1997 I was involved in setting up IPT training in the U.K. and was Chair of IPT Scotland 2008-2014. I have also worked as an academic in Clinical Psychology and trained clinical psychologists in London and Edinburgh as well as working as a researcher for the Medical Research Council Child Psychiatry Unit at the Insitute of Psychiatry in London 1984 to 1994.
Areas of interest
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT); Dynamic Interpersonal Psychotherapy (DIT); Psychodynamic therapy; Depression; Recurrent Depression; Dysthymia; Mood disorders; Adjustment Disorder; Bereavement; Anxiety disorders; Perinatal mental health; Postnatal Depression; Attachment Issues; Parenting and Adjustment in the early adult period.
- B.Sc.(first class hons) Experimental Psychology University of Sussex 1979
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology including Masters in Clinical Psychology Professional Training training University of Birmingham 1985
- Training in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy British Association of Psychotherapy now British Psychotherapy Foundation 1993
Affiliations / memberships
Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society; Member of British Psychotherapy Foundation; Member British Psychoanalytic Council; Member Scottish Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.