- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Coronary angiography
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Reporting of echocardiography
I am both a general cardiologist and am a specialist in coronary intervention ("angioplasty and stenting") and structural heart disease. I trained in cardiology in Australia and the UK and my advanced interventional training was undertaken in New Zealand.
I have been a consultant cardiologist at Ipswich and Papworth since 2006. I work both in Ipswich, where I am the lead cardiologist for the Ipswich Heart Centre, and at Papworth Hospital, Cambridgeshire. I am available for private consultations at the Nuffield Health Ipswich Hospital on Thursday afternoon and evening.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
Consultant Cardiologist, Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Ischaemic heart disease
I live in Suffolk with my family, and enjoy the active outdoor lifestyle that the sunny county enables, including middle and long-distance running and, occasionally, golf. I play the guitar badly but enjoy inflicting this on my children and wife.
1. Link to Outcome data for 2013 provided by British Cardiovascular Intervention Society (BCIS)
2. Patient satisfaction survey results 2014
Anonymous patient satisfaction survey conducted independently by Appraisal and Re-validation Team at Ipswich Hospital for 2014 reported 100% positive feedback from all 43 patients surveyed consecutively.
On average, 95% reported the highest possible score for "How good was your doctor today" on 7 different aspects of the consultation and care.
Copies of full report available at patient request.
- MB.BS University of Queensland 1993
- MPhil University of Cambridge 2000
- FRACP Australasian College of Physicians 2004
- Fellowship in coronary intervention Green Lane Cardiovascular Service, Auckland City Hospital 2005
Reference number 4562003
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist register entry, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
British Cardiovascular Society
British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- Nuffield Health Ipswich Hospital Foxhall Road...
- 14:00 - 20:00
- 01473 279123
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Private secretary Ms Sue Woods