- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Sexual and reproductive healthcare
Dr Charlotte Chaliha is a London based Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who graduated in Medicine and Physiological Sciences from St Anne’s College Oxford and Selwyn College, Cambridge. She has dual accreditation in both Obstetrics and Gynaecology as well as higher specialist training in Urogynaecology and a higher fellowship in Uro-neurology.
Dr Chaliha’s MD thesis was “Risk factors and causes of trauma to the pelvic floor during childbirth” and she has developed a specialist clinic for women with childbirth related problems such as urinary or faecal incontinence and perineal pain. She is the author of numerous chapters and publications covering all aspects of pelvic floor investigation, surgery and pelvic floor damage related to childbirth.
In 2007 Dr Chaliha was appointed as a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with a special interest in pelvic floor disorders at The Royal London and St Bartholomew’s Hospitals, London, England. She co-runs one of only two nationally accreditated Functional pelvic floor services dealing with prolapse and bowel and bladder dysfunction.
She provides private Maternity and Gynaecology services through the NHS and privately in London.
She also provides expert evidence for the Courts In England and Wales on behalf of Claimants and Defendants in personal injury and clinical negligence actions.
Areas of interest
Charlotte Chaliha graduated from the University of Cambridge in 1991. She has dual accreditation in both obstetrics and gynaecology, subspecialist training in Urogynaecology and a higher fellowship in Uro-neurology.
Charlotte is the author of numerous publications covering all aspects of pelvic floor investigations and treatment as well as childbirth related damage.
She has co-authored the pregnancy textbook -"The Contented Pregnancy" with the well known childcare author, Gina Ford.
She is Lead Clinician for Gynaecology at the Royal London Hospital and runs a tertiary service for patients with combined colo-rectal and gynaecology problems.
Areas of interest include:
-Urogynaecology: Urinary incontinence, Vaginal Prolapse, Recurrent cystitis, Vaginal Reconstructive surgery
-Obstetrics: Normal and Caesarean delivery
-Pelvic floor & Perineal injury after childbirth
-Combined (bladder and bowel) pelvic floor disorders
- Ms Ellis Lance, Ms Mary Hodgson
- Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth 60 Grove End Road London NW8 9NH
- 07502 950290
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Ahmed Chekairi Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Barts Health NHS Trust- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Subspecialist in urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstruction
Postpartum pelvic floor problems- anal sphincter injury, urinary incontinence, perineal wound problems, faecal incontinence
Pelvic floor health and rehabilitation
• Investigative Urogynaecology
• Female and Reconstructive Urology
• Colorectal Surgery and Gastroenterology
• Community Continence Services
In addition to the development of advanced surgical skills, Charlotte contributed to the following-
1. Obstetric pelvic floor clinics
2. Pelvic floor clinics for women with urinary and faecal incontinence:
Lindo Wing research Scholarship 2005
International Urogynaecology Association Research Prize -2005
I have over 30 publications in bladder pain, urinary incontinence, prolapse and child birth related pelvic floor trauma.
I have authored 17 book chapters and am also the co-author of the pregnancy book " The contented pregnancy" with Gina Ford
These are listed on my website and in full in my CV
Courses offered to GPs
I offer updates in Urogynaecology- pelvic floor problems such as incontinence and prolapse as well as bladder pain and recurrent infections
- MBBchir University of Cambridge 1991
- MA(Hons) University of Oxford 1989
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) 2000
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) 2017
- Subspecialty accreditation in Urogynaecology RCOG 2007
- Fellowship In Uro-neurology, National Hospital of neurology and neurosurgery National Hospital of neurology and neurosurgery, London 2006
- Bond Solon Cardiff University Expert Witness Certificate Cardiff University 2018
Reference number 3565775
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British Society of Urogynaecology RCOG 2002
- Royal College of Obtetiricans and Gynaecologists RCOG 1999
Details of entry to specialist register
- Subspecialty accreditation in Urogynaecology, CCST in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
- Ellis Lance
- 08:00 - 13:30
- 07502 950290
- Hospital of St John & St Elizabeth, NW8 9NH
- 13:30 - 20:00
- 020 7806 4000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Tel: 02078064000 ( Hospital of St John St Elizabeth)
07502 950290 ( secretary)