- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Gynaecological oncology
I am a Consultant Gynaecologist at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, based at the Belfast City Hospital and the Royal Maternity Hospital. I specialise in treating women with gynaecological cancers.
My private practice rooms are at the Ulster Independent Clinic.
Most of my training has taken place in Northern Ireland and England but I have also trained in Toulouse, France and Melbourne, Australia.
My special interests include the care of women with pelvic pain, heavy or irregular periods , vaginal discharge, ovarian cysts, abnormal smears, cancer screening, vulval problems and menopausal health.
In particular I am a specialist in keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery, difficult pelvic surgery and colposcopy for abnormal smears.
Following extended training, I am one of the few gynaecological cancer surgeons in Northern Ireland.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopy ('keyhole surgery');
Abnormal smears & Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina);
Difficult pelvic surgery;
- For NHS referred work only-Seaninne Magennis
- Old Generator Room Belfast City Hospital 51 Lisburn Road BELFAST BT9 7AB
- 028 9504 9299
- Siobhan Nagar
- 20 Massey Avenue BELFAST BT4 2JT
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Jonathan Adams Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon & Gynaecological Oncologist at the Belfast trust.
Imaging in Gynaecology and Oncology
Surgical trials in Gynaecological cancer
Screening for Gynaecological cancers.
Honours in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (B'Ham) 1993
Novartis Travel scholarship 2000
Ethicon Travel award RCOG 2006
- MB ChB University of Birmingham medical school 1993
- MD in Molecular Oncology Queens University of Belfast 2003
- Fellow in Gynaecological Oncology Royal Women's Hospital ,Melbourne 2007
- Accredited Colposcopist BSCCP (UK) 2001
Reference number 4016533
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellowship of RCOG Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London 2013
Affiliations / memberships
British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
- Ulster Independent Clinic
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 028 9068 7444
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Hans Nagar on 07894956018
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: hansnagarmac