- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Gynaecological oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a Consultant Gynaecologist at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, based at the Belfast City Hospital and the Royal Maternity Hospital. I specialise in treating women with gynaecological cancers.
My private practice rooms are at the Ulster Independent Clinic.
Most of my training has taken place in Northern Ireland and England but I have also trained in Toulouse, France and Melbourne, Australia.
My special interests include the care of women with pelvic pain, heavy or irregular periods , vaginal discharge, ovarian cysts, abnormal smears, cancer screening, vulval problems and menopausal health.
In particular I am a specialist in keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery, difficult pelvic surgery and colposcopy for abnormal smears.
Following extended training, I am one of the few gynaecological cancer surgeons in Northern Ireland.
Areas of interest
Laparoscopy ('keyhole surgery');
Abnormal smears & Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina);
Difficult pelvic surgery;
- For NHS referred work only-Seaninne Magennis
- Old Generator Room Belfast City Hospital 51 Lisburn Road BELFAST BT9 7AB
- 028 9504 9299
- Ulster Independent Clinic bookings
- The Ulster Independent Clinic Ltd 245 Stranmillis Road Belfast BT9 5JH
- 028 9068 7444
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Bronagh E McElhenny Fee Assured
- Dr Keshavanand Sharma Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon & Gynaecological Oncologist at the Belfast trust.
Imaging in Gynaecology and Oncology
Surgical trials in Gynaecological cancer
Screening for Gynaecological cancers.
Honours in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (B'Ham) 1993
Novartis Travel scholarship 2000
Ethicon Travel award RCOG 2006
- MD in Molecular Oncology Queens University of Belfast 2003
- MB ChB University of Birmingham medical school 1993
- Accredited Colposcopist BSCCP (UK) 2001
- Fellow in Gynaecological Oncology Royal Women's Hospital ,Melbourne 2007
Reference number 4016533
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellowship of RCOG Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, London 2013
Affiliations / memberships
British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
- Ulster Independent Clinic
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 028 9068 7444
Post treatment communication
Hans Nagar on 07894956018
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: hansnagarmac