- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Mr.Ganapathi is a specialist hip and knee surgeon based in North Wales. He completed his higher specialist training in orthopaedics in Wales and did a arthroplasty fellowship in Cardiff. He subsequently completed an advanced lower limb fellowship in Montreal, Canada and visited centres in Canada and U.S. before starting as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at Bangor, North Wales in 2008. Although he undertakes general trauma work, his elective practice in both the NHS and the private sector is almost exclusively related to adult hip and knee problems. He offers private surgery at Spire Yale Hospital, Wrexham.
During his higher specialist training and subsequent fellowships, Mr.Ganapathi has gained experience in various aspects of hip and knee related problems including primary and revision hip replacement, hip resurfacing, primary and revision knee replacement, partial knee replacement as well as hip arthroscopy and knee arthroscopy.
Mr.Ganapathi specializes in minimally invasive hip replacement. He also has one of the largest experience in UK in using patient specific instrumentation for knee replacments.
Please visit www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com for further details.
Areas of interest
Hip arthroscopy; Knee arthroscopy; Minimal incision hip replacement; Knee replacements using patient specific instrumentation; Revision hip replacement; Revision knee replacement
- Natalie Phillips
- Spire Yale Hospital Wrexham Technology Park Wrexham LL13 7YP
- 01978 268039
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Muthu Ganapathi has worked with Dr Rahul Patil at the following hospitals:
- Spire Yale Hospital (1-5)
- Mr.Ganapathi's web page: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com
- Daily post article: http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/health/retired-marine-north-wales-undergoes-6436968
- Knee replacement with patient specific 3 D moulds: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/personalised%20knee%20replacements.html
- Minimally invasive hip replacement: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/minimally%20invasive%20(mis)%20hip%20replacement.html
- Hip arthroscopy: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/hip%20arthroscopy%20introduction.html
- Knee arthroscopy: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/knee%20arthroscopy.html
- Hip impingement - hip pain in young adults: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/what%20is%20hip%20impingement.html
- Revision hip replacement: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/revision%20hip%20replacement.html
- Awards: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/awards.html
- Revision knee replacement: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/revision%20knee%20replacement.html
- Publications in scientific literature: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/published%20scientific%20papers.html
- Presentations in scientific societies and invited lectures: http://www.ganapathihipkneesurgeon.com/scientific%20presentations.html
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor, North Wales
Hip and knee related research
Courses offered to GPs
Managing adult hip and knee problems
Advances in hip and knee surgery
Managing young adult hip pain
Reference number 4557489
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.