- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Gait analysis
Ian works as a Sports Podiatrist at The Bupa Basinghall Clinic and Pure Sports Medicine in central London. Following on from his Bachelor degree in Podiatry Medicine he also obtained a postgraduate certificate in Sports Podiatry, and then a Masters degree in Sports Injury, where he was awarded a distinction for the research he performed.
He maintains an active interest in research, having published work in The British Journal of Sports Medicine, The Journal of Foot & Ankle Research and The Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association, and also acting as a peer reviewer for several sports medicine journals.
He has spoken on the topic of foot and ankle biomechanics both nationally and internationally and has been awarded Fellowships in Podiatric Medicine by the College of Podiatry, and also the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
His main interests lie within the fields of gait analysis, biomechanically induced tissue stress, and the application of engineering principles to human structures. He firmly believes in an interdisciplinary approach to injury management, having worked very closely alongside Sports Physiotherapists since 2006.
Areas of interest
Musculoskeletal assessment of the foot, ankle and lower limb; Video Gait Analysis; Foot & Ankle Biomechanics; Running injuries; Sports injuries; Foot Orthoses; Running technique; Footwear advice; Forefoot pain; Plantar Heel Pain; Achilles Tendon pain; Running related shin pain; Patellofemoral pain
- BSc (Podiatry) University of Northampton 2003
- PGCert (Sports Podiatry) Manchester Metropolitan University 2006
- MSc Exercise & Sport (Sports Injury) Manchester Metropolitan University 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons (Glasgow) 2017
- Fellow College of Podiatry 2018
- Registered Podiatrist HCPC 2019
- Member British Association of Sports and Exercise Medicine 2019
- Member Football Association (FA) Medical Society 2019
- Member League Medical Association 2019
- Member Footwear Biomechanics Group 2019
- Associate Member Association of Foot & Ankle Physiotherapists 2019
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.