- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Reproductive medicine
Name - S N Roy.
(Please note that Roy is my passport surname. But GMC surname is spelt as Ray. All Health Care Insurers therefore spell my surname as Ray. I don't mind being called either Roy or Ray. But for Health Care Insurers and for GMC it has to be spelt as Ray).
MBBS (Hons). FRCS. FRCOG. MD. MSc (Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy. Univ. Surrey). MAMS.
Areas of interest
SPECIALITY INTEREST - BENIGN GYNAECOLOGY
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding ;
(Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
Irregular Menstrual Bleeding
Chronic Pelvic Pain.
(Specialised in Surgical Treatment of Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis, and other causes of Chronic Pelvic pain)
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Female Urinary Incontinence
Surgery for infertility (Myomectomy, Tubal Reconstructive Surgery, Reversal of Sterilisation)
SPECIAL SURGICAL TRAINING, QUALIFICATION (MSc) AND EXPERTISE IN:
All varieties of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic Subtotal Hysterectomy, Laparoscopy Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy).
Laparoscopic Treatment of, Deep Infiltrating Endometriosis with multidisciplinary surgical team in Endometriosis Centre.
Laparoscopic Treatment of Tubal and Ovarian Pathology, of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Endometrial Ablation (Radio-frequency, Microave)
Hysteroscopic Resection of Fibroids and Polyps
- Jacqui Allan
- Department of Gynaeocology University Hospital Of Hartlepool Holdforth Road HARTLEPOOL TS24 9AH
- 01429 522489
- 01429 522270
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician. North Tees and Hartlepool Univ. Hosp. Foundation Trust. - Since 2003.
Lead Consultant for Gynaecological Services . North Tees and Hartlepool Univ. Hosp. Foundation Trust. - Since 2013.
Lead Consultant - North Tees and Hartlepool Endometriosis Centre - Since 2016
University Hospital of Hartlepool and University Hospital of North Tees.
Heavy menstrual Bleeding.
Endometriosis and Chronic Pelvic Pain.
Advanced Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgery
Informed Consent in Gynaecological Surgery
Medico-legal issues in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
After Dinner Speech.
Honours in MBBS (and total 10 university awards in undergraduate career).
Merit in MSc (Univ. of Surrey and BSGE) Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy.
Delivered S Bose Memorial Oration as Guest Speaker at the Platinum Jubilee Scientific Meeting of BOGS Kolkata.
Invited as a member of British Delegation, Key Note Speaker, and as an International expert faculty at the 'International Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists' meeting in September 2018.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Bengali - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Fluent
- Gujarati - Conversational
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
Publication : 'Benefits and Risks of Pharmacological Agents Used for the Treatment of Menorrhagia' - Roy S N, Bhattacharya S. 'Drug Safety' 2004: 27 (2): 75 - 90.
Publication: 'A prospective double-blind randomised controlled trial of intraoperative pelvic instillation with bupivacaine for management of pain following laparoscopy and dye test'.Sripada S, Roy SN, Mathur M, Hamilton M, Cranfield K, Bhattacharya S. 'British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology' : 2006: 113(7): 835-838
Publication: 'Risks of Laparoscopy 1' Samendra Nath Roy. Gynaecol Surg. (Springer): 2006 Dec: 3(4); 330-339.
Courses offered to GPs
I do regular talks and presentations in GP meetings, CCG Commissioning meetings and Medical Society meetings.
- MBBS Medical College Calcutta. Calcutta University. India 1984
- MD. Obstetrics and Gynaecology PGI. Chandigarh. India 1987
- DNB. Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology National Board of Medical Examinations. New Delhi. India 1987
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. 1991
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons. Edinburgh. 1998
- MSc. in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy University of Surrey, British Society of Gynae. Endoscopy. 2010
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2014
- Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy. Minimal Access Therapy Training Unit. Guildford. Royal Surrey County Hospital. Surrey 2005
- Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy. European Surgical Institute. Hamburg. . 2008
- Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopy. European Surgical Institute. Hamburg. 2015
Reference number 4438263
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Gynaecologist and Lead for Gynaecological Services North Tees and Hartlepool University Hospitals NHS Trust. 2003
- Lead Consultant. North Tees and Hartlepool Endometriosis Centre. North Tees and Hartlepool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Reister CCST in Obstetrics and Gynaecology., 2003
Affiliations / memberships
- Nuffield Health Tees Hospital, TS20 1PX
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01642 360100
- Tees Valley Hospital. TS5 7DX
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 01642 087333
- Woodlands Hospital Morton Park Way DARLINGTON...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01325 341736
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0044 7766207540 - Mob
0044 1642 785224 - LL
0044 1429 522770 - Fax