- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Paediatric immunology, infectious diseases & allergy
Dr Mich Lajeunesse is a Consultant in Paediatric Allergy at Southampton Children's Hospital, and an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Southampton. He is an accredited specialist in Paediatric Immunology, Infectious Diseases and Allergy, and an accredited European Allergy Specialist. Dr Lajeunesse is a member of the British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology, the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, and a Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
Areas of interest
Dr Lajeunesse has an interest the prevention and treatment of multiple, severe and complex food allergies.
Food allergy; Milk allergy; egg allergy; peanut allergy; Nut allergy, multiple and severe food allergies; Anaphylaxis; FPIES; Eczema; Asthma; Hay fever; Urticaria; Desensitisation
He is able to perform allergy testing in clinic that provide same day results and has access to the latest advances in allergy testing.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Paediatric Allergy
University Hospitals Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Lajeunesse has an active programme of clinical research. His interests include research on the immune mechanisms at work in food allergy, new treatments for food allergy and the safety of vaccines in children with egg allergy.
Despite his French Canadian name Dr Lajeunesse speaks English.
See website for details of publications and media appearances. Dr Lajeunesse has appeared as an expert on the Channel 4 TV series, Embarrassing Bodies.
Courses offered to GPs
Dr Lajeunesse gives regular lectures to local GP groups, regional, national and international meetings. He lectures on the Allergy MSc for the University of Southampton
- MBBS Medicine Imperial College, London 1995
- DM Doctor of Medicine University of Southampton 2004
- BSc Microbiology University College Swansea 1989
- Diploma of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health RCPCH, London 2000
- Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education University of Bristol 2007
Reference number 4194860
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair of Specialist Advisory Committee Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatrics and Paediatric Immunology, Infectious Disease and Allergy, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
- Spire Southampton Hospital Chalybeate Close...
- 08:00 - 14:30
- 023 8001 5131
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.