- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
So far 10 years of 16 years professional experience has been to work with people from all walks of life both in the NHS and in private practice, who are struggling with anxiety, depression, work-related stress, post-traumatic stress disorder, personal injury claims, domestic abuse, anger management, divorce, relationship issues, women’s issues, redundancy etc.
Additionally I have worked for 10 years with people whose mental health care needs co-occur with alcohol and drug use. I am also a BPS accredited trainee group supervisor for a charitable organization which is a position I have occupied for 3 years and I have occupied the post of CBT Consultant on behalf of Harley Therapy, in their rooms in Bishopsgate and West London for 3 years.
I am an integratively trained chartered counselling psychologist and UKCP accredited existential psychotherapist. This means that as a clinically trained psychologist I can assess any current psychological difficulties you may feel concerned about and together we can formulate a plan that can help you meet your aims and goals for counselling.
Then using existential philosophy and phenomenology as a framework for identifying how you perceive your world and how you might like to adapt to meet different situations, work flexibly with cognitive behavioural therapy, psychodynamics and humanistic thinking.
As you begin to access new ways of experiencing how you think and act, simultaneously new more positive experiences of responding to different situations can help re-pattern the past. In turn as old views and attitudes respond to new experiences, you will begin to create new opportunities for choice, decision and action.
This develops from how increased self awareness and understanding can help to uncover a sometimes wide range of symptoms that have maintained those emotional and behavioural difficulties that are now presenting themselves in everyday life.
So whilst I come from my training in existential philosophy and phenomenology and an experiential background that aims to help my clients articulate strong feelings and emotions and how to manage them, as a psychologist by tailoring a treatment plan to meet individual needs we can work together to keep pace with the ebb and flow of shifting thoughts and attitudes as mistaken assumptions and perceptual errors adapt to meet new more meaningful ways of seeing things.
Areas of interest
• Alcohol / drug dependency • Bereavement • Depression • Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) • Anxiety disorders • Substance misuse • Relationshp issues • Co-dependent behaviours • Anger management • Work related stress • Couples counselling • OCD • Cultural difference • Women's issues • Sexual orientation • Ontology - ‘the study of the nature of being’
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
10 years of 12 years professional experience working short-term in two GP surgeries in the East Grinstead area with substance use and co-occurring mental healthcare issues.
Sexual desire in bi-polar disorder
Moral dilemmas and Hope
Transition from lover to carer in the elderly
Jealousy and Envy
The role of play in adult life.
Drama and Theatre
RAPPS (BPS Accred.) Individual and Group Trainee Supervisor
- B.Sc In Psychology and Counselling University of Surrey 2001
- MA in Counselling Psychology Regent's College, London NW 2005
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Existential Counselling Psych. Regent's College, London NW 2005
- Advanced Post-Graduate Dip in Existential Psychotherapy New School of Psychotherapy 2008
- RAPPS (BPS.Accred) Supervision Training British Psychological Learning Centre, London EC 2013
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist HCPC 2011
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist Practitioner The British Psychological Society 2006
- Existential Psychotherapist UKCP 2008
- RAPPS (BPS Accred) Supervision Training BPS Learning Centre, London EC 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology
Member of HCPC
Member of the Society of Existential Analysis
Member of UKCP
Member of The British Psychological Society
- 7 Marl Hurst EDENBRIDGE TN8 6LN
- 15:30 - 19:30
- 01732 507073
- 7 Marl Hurst EDENBRIDGE TN8 6LN
- 09:00 - 08:30
- 01732 507073
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details