- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cardiac devices
- Coronary angiography
- Devices: cardiac resynchronisation therapy device (CRT)
- Devices: implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
- Electrophysiology intervention
- Electrophysiology simple cardiac ablation
- Reporting of echocardiography
- Trans-oesophageal echocardiography
- Transthoracic echocardiography
I have been a consultant cardiologist and Electrophysiologist for 10 years and have extensive experience in the treatment of all heart rhythm problems. On the NHS, I work at the Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew's Hospital which is now the largest cardiac hospital in Europe. I am one of the highest volume operators here and my outcomes are audited monthly. I am committed to ensuring that all my patients receive the highest standards of care using the most up-to-date research and technologies. I always endeavour to ensure that my patients have a clear understanding of their heart problem and the exact steps that are involved in their treatment.
Areas of interest
Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF); atrial flutter; supra ventricular tachycardia (SVT); ventricular tachycardia (VT);
Robotic ablation techniques; left atrial appendage occlusion;
Insertion of permanent pacemakers; implantable defibrillators (ICD); biventricular or cardiac resynchronisation devices; loop recorders; complex device revision and extraction; subcutaneous (headless) ICD insertion
- Janet Guidal
- London Independent Hospital 1 Beaumont Square LONDON E1 4NL
- 020 7780 2600
- 020 7780 2601
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew's Hospital, London, EC1A 7BE
Management of arrhythmias in heart failure and primary cardiomyopathies. Techniques for performing catheter ablation procedures with minimal or zero X-ray usage. Complex pacing techniques. Catheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia.
Please look me up in PubMed or Google Scholar. I continue to publish regularly in several areas.
- MBBS University of London 1995
- BSc (1st class honours) University of London 1992
- FRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians (UK) 2010
Reference number 4206941
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.