- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Benenden Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
- Refractive surgery
- Surgical retinal
Damian is the Lead Corneal Transplant surgeon at the prestigious Queen Victoria Hospital,East Grinstead,where he has worked since 2007. His interests include Stem cell research, Laser Corneal Transplantion and Cataract surgery, and lectures Nationally and Internationally on these topics.
After completing General Ophthalmology training and becoming fully accredited in 2005,Damian studied for further Fellowship training at Moorfields Hospital and East Grinstead before becoming a Consultant.
Damian prides himself on excellent care of patients, excellent outcomes and excellent service.
Damian is happy to accept all Ophthalmic referrals particularly Ocular surface conditions, Cornea problems, Glaucoma, Cataract and Refractive.
Areas of interest
Laser Refractive surgery; Refractive lens exchange; Keratoconus; Intacs: Ferrara Rings: Collagen cross linking; Corneal surgery/transplantation/DSAEK/DMEK/DALK/PK; Corneal disease; Dry Eyes; Blepharitis; Cataract surgery; Glaucoma
- Frant Road Clinic Frant Road TUNBRIDGE WELLS TN2 5LH
- 01892 619797
- 01892 619797
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Corneal,External Diseases,Refractive and Eye Bank Lead.
The Queen Victoria Hospital.
Laser Vision Correction
• Patel, Vikesh, Sheraz M. Daya, Damian Lake, and Raman Malhotra. "Blink Lagophthalmos and Dry Eye Keratopathy in Patients with Non-facial Palsy: Clinical Features and Management with Upper Eyelid Loading." Ophthalmology 118, no. 1 (2011): 197-202.
• Almousa, Radwan, Mayank A. Nanavaty, Sheraz M. Daya, and Damian B. Lake. "Intraocular Pressure Control and Corneal Graft Survival After Implantation of Ahmed Valve Device in High-Risk Penetrating Keratoplasty." Cornea (2013).
• Almousa, Radwan, Konstantinos E. Samaras, Saj Khan, Damian B. Lake, and Sheraz M. Daya. "Femtosecond laser-assisted lamellar keratoplasty (FSLK) for anterior corneal stromal diseases." International ophthalmology (2013): 1-10.
• Almousa, Radwan, and Damian B. Lake. "Intraocular pressure control with Ahmed glaucoma drainage device in patients with cicatricial ocular surface disease-associated or aniridia-related glaucoma." International ophthalmology (2013): 1-8.
• Nanavaty, Mayank A., Maribel P. Favor, and Damian B. Lake. "Comparison of equivalent keratometric indices on Scheimpflug tomography with Placido-based topography system at different optical zones." British Journal of Ophthalmology 97, no. 3 (2013): 350-356.
• DALK over PK.Cornea 2009 June.D.lake,S.Hamada,S.Khan,S.Daya.
• Corneal calcification associated with preservative free eye drops and persistent epithelial defects. Damian Lake, Anne Tarn, Peter Chapman, William Ayliffe. Cornea 2008 April Vol 23(3) 292-296..
• ESCRS Study of prophylaxis of postoperative endophthalmitis after cataract surgery.Case for a European multicenter study..J Cataract Refract Surg.2006 March;32:396-405. David V.Seal et al for the ESCRS Endophthalmitis Study Group
• Early refractive stabilization after temporal phacoemulsification: What is the optimum time for spectacle prescription? J Cataract Refract Surg.2005 Sep;31(9):1845-46.D.Lake,K.Fong,R.Wilson.
• Cataract surgery in patients with diabetes and ARMD. N.Patel,G Bowler,T. Adjeniji,A.Nugent,D.Lake,S. Sewafli,N.V.Chong. Comp. Ophth. Update 5;6:Nov-Dec 2004;275-282
• (Editorial )Cataract surgery in patients with diabetes and ARMD. N.Patel,G Bowler,T. Adjeniji,A.Nugent,D.Lake,S. Sewafli,N.V.Chong. Comp. Ophth. Update 5;6:Nov-Dec 2004;275-282
• Consequence of perforation during peribulbar anaesthetic injection in an only eye. J Cataract. Refract. Surg Nov 2003 29(11) 2234-2235. D.Lake, A. Mearza, A.Ionides
Courses offered to GPs
Contact Frant Road Clinic
- MB.ChB. The University of Glasgow 1997
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmology 2004
- Fellowship Cornea Moorfields Hospital 2006
- Fellowship Cornea/External disease/Refractive The Queen Victoria Hospital,East Grinstead 2007
Reference number 4429432
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Council member UKISCRS 2009
- Ocular Tissue Transplantation Standards Group Chairman Royal College of Ophthalmology 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register Ophthalmology UK, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
The Cornea Society
American Academy of Ophthalmology
United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Society
The Royal College Of Ophthalmology
General Medical Council
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.