- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I qualified from St Mary's Hospital Medical School (University of London) in 1995. General Medical training was completed in Bristol. Specialist Medical and Respiratory training was completed in Oxford.
I spent 2 years as a Research Training Fellow at the Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, researching the cardiovascular effects of sleep apnoea, for which I was awarded the degree of Doctor of Medicine.
I was appointed as a Consultant in General and Respiratory Medicine at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in 2007.
I have been the Royal College of Physicians College Tutor for Core Medical Trainees since 2009, overseeing medical training. I am a member of the British Thoracic Society Sleep Specialist Advisory Group and co-author of the prize winning Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine.
I am a Royal College of Physicians Examiner and member of the Health Education Thames Valley Respiratory Specialist Training Commitee.
Areas of interest
All areas of respiratory medicine including breathlessness, asthma; cough; infection / pneumonia; bronchiectasis; lung cancer; COPD; sleep related breathing disorders including sleep apnoea and snoring; thromboembolic disease/PE; interstitial lung disease and pleural disease.
- Clinical Admin Team 11
- Dept. of Respiratory Medicine Royal Berkshire Hospital London Road READING RG1 5AN
- 0118 322 6676
- Natalie Headley
- Spire Dunedin Hospital 16 Bath Road Reading RG1 6NQ
- 0118 952 1319
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
NHS post: Royal Berkshire Hospital, appointed 2007.
CEA level 1
Oxford Handbook of Respiratory Medicine (Oxford University Press) 3rd edition published June 2014.
4th edition due to be published June 2020.
See also Pub Med.
Courses offered to GPs
Respiratory Update for Primary Care
Snoring and Sleep Apnoea
Bronchiectasis and Infection
COPD and Asthma
- MD - Doctor of Medicine University of London 2008
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2010
- MBBS University of London 1995
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1999
- BSc (Hons) 1st Class St Mary's Hospital Medical School, University of London 1992
Reference number 4216340
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Sleep Specialist Advisory Group Brititsh Thoracic Society 2017
- Professional Standards Committee Brititsh Thoracic Society 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory and General Internal medicine, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
British Thoracic Society
- Spire Dunedin Hospital
- 10:00 - 15:00
- 0118 952 1319
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.