- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Urological malignancy
Prof Madaan is the lead clinician for the treatment of urological cancer at Darent Valley Hospital (DVH), Dartford and is an expert laparoscopic surgeon. He has performed more than 600 major cancer operations (including prostate, bladder and kidney).
Prof Madaan has a national profile and has been appointed as an expert advisor to NICE centre for Guidelines. He has interest in teaching and is actively involved in the laparoscopic training.
Prof Madaan uses innovative techniques like targeted prostate biopsy (fusion biopsy) for better detection of prostate cancer & blue light cystoscopy for bladder cancers. He also started various other new services at DVH including hyperthermia MMC for the treatment of bladder cancer and supported self-management for patients with prostate cancer. He is winner of ‘DVH hospital innovation and improvement award 2015’ for his innovation and introduction of new services.
Areas of interest
Prostate disease including BPH and prostate cancer; Prostate cryotherapy; Bladder problems including Bladder cancer; kidney stones and Kidney (renal) cancer; Urological oncology; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery') including laparoscopic prostatectomy and laparoscopic nephrectomy; LUTS; incontinence; impotence; testis related problems;
- Christina Smith
- Darent Valley Hospital Darenth Wood Road DARTFORD DA2 8DA
- 01322 428612
- 07912 418556
- Sharon Woodford
- Spire Alexandra Hospital Impton Lane CHATHAM ME5 9PG
- 01622 538143
- 07821 125382
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Narayan Venkat Fee Assured
- Dr Mansoor Sange Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Prof Madaan's NHS base is at Darent Valley Hospital, Dartford
He also does a weekly operating list at Medway Maritime Hospital where he undertakes complex major laparoscopic cancer operations
Prof Madaan’s commitment to evidence-based medicine is obvious in his passion for research. He did a research in prostate cancer at Imperial College and was awarded PhD. He has been involved in both clinical and basic science research.
He is research lead for urology department and is a principal investigator for ten urology clinical research trials with excellent recruitment record.
He is CRN subspecialty lead for Urology cancer research in Kent, Surrey & Sussex.
He is honorary Visiting Professor of Urology at Canterbury Christchurch University
Active role in hospital fund raising and charity events
Received various awards including Arthur and Violet Pane Memorial Research Scholarship, Ian Sunter Charitable Trust Research Fellowship, British Oncology Association Travel Award, Pfizer Academic Travel Award 2000, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow Travel award and EAU scholarship; Under his leadership the urology cancer team won ‘the team of the year award’ in the DVH hospital awards 2010; winner of ‘DVH hospital innovation and improvement award 2015’.
Prof Madaan has published widely with over 50 peer-reviewed publications. In addition he has presented in various regional, national & international meetings and won awards.Last 10 publications listed below
1. Thomas Rees, Nicholas Raison, Mohammed Iqbal Sheikh, Zahra Jaffry, Sanjeev Madaan, Ben Challacombe, Kamran Ahmed, Prokar Dasgupta. Is Extended Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection For Prostate Cancer The Only Recommended Option ? A Systematic Review Of The Literature. Turkish Journal of Urology.
2. Hossain DMS, Jayawardhana T, Madaan S. AN UPDATE ON ANTIBIOTIC PROPHYLAXIS IN TRANS-RECTAL ULTRA-SOUND (TRUS) GUIDED PROSTATE BIOPSY. Accepted by Urology News 2016
3. Abbaraju J, Serafimov V, Madaan S (2016) Spontaneous Renal Artery Pseudoaneurysm Rupture with No Precipitating Risk Factor Presenting as Acute Abdomen. Gavin J Urol Renal Dis 2016: 10-12
4. Gilbert, D. C., Duong, T., Kynaston, H. G., Alhasso, A. A., Cafferty, F. H., Rosen, S. D., Kanaga-Sundaram, S., Dixit, S., Laniado, M., Madaan, S., Collins, G., Pope, A., Welland, A., Nankivell, M., Wassersug, R., Parmar, M. K., Langley, R. E. and Abel, P. D. (2016), Quality of life outcomes from the PATCH trial evaluating LHRH agonists versus transdermal oestradiol for androgen suppression in advanced prostate cancer. BJU Int. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1111/bju.13687
5. Sanjeev Madaan, Abhishek Reekhaye. NICE prostate cancer quality standards. Accepted for publication to Journal of Clinical Urology.
6. Reekhaye A, Madaan S (2016) Active Surveillance for Prostate Cancer. J Cancer Clin Trials 1:109. doi:10.4172/jcct.1000109
7. Dafader MS Hossain, Sanjeev Madaan. Use of Clavien-Dindo classification in urology part 2 – upper tract. Urology News 2016;20(4):21-3.
8. Marios Hadjipavlou, Yiannis Philippou, Ian Dickinson, Seshadri Sriprasad, Sanjeev Madaan. Who was the father of the nomogram? EAU 2016 DE HISTORIA UROLOGIAE EUROPAEAE VOLUME 23
9. Dafader MS Hossain, Sanjeev Madaan. Use of Clavien-Dindo classification in urology part 1 – pelvic surgery. Urology News 2016;20(3):21-3
10. SANJEEV MADAAN, ABHISHEK REEKHAYE AND JONATHAN MCFARLANE. Survivorship and prostate cancer: the TrueNTH Supported Self-Management programme. Trends in Urology & Men’s Health VOLUME 7 ISSUE 1 JAN/FEB 2016.
Courses offered to GPs
Mr Madaan regularly offer GP teachings and has presented following topics -
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.baus.org.uk/patients/surgeons/829
re-admission rate 2%
Return to theatre rate <1%
Excellent continence following radical prostatectomy (97%)
- MBBS University of Delhi 1988
- MS (General Surgery): University of Delhi 1991
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1995
- PhD University of London 2003
- FRCS (Urol): Intercollegiate board in Urology 2006
- FEBU European Board of Urology 2008
- Diploma in minimal access surgery European Institute of Telesurgery, Strasbourg, France 2011
Reference number 4277910
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President IBUS (International British Urology Society) 2013
- Council member RSM section of Urology 2013
- Specialty lead for urology cancer research Cancer Research Network for Kent, Surrey & Sussex 2015
- Specialist Member NICE Quality Standards Advisory Committee for prostate cancer 2014
- Scientific member NCRI Prostate CSG (clinical studies group) 2015
- Cancer Lead Darent Valley Hospital 2015
- Expert Advisor NICE (National Institute for clinical Excellence) 2016
- Honorary Visiting Professor Canterbury & Christchurch University 2016
- Chairman of Medical Advisory Committee BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
• British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow - fellow
• British Medical Association (BMA)
• The Medical Defence Union (MDU)
• European Association of Urology (EAU)
• American Urology Association (AUA)
• Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
• Urological Society of India (USI)
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 01474 879900
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital, DA3 8ND
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01474 879900
- BMI Fawkham Manor Hospital, DA3 8ND
- 10:30 - 12:30
- 01474 879900
- Spire Alexandra Hospital, ME5 9PG
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01634 687166
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The patients will normally contact Mr Madaan directly via the hospital where they have been treated