- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 5 Jun 2020
- Shoulder & Elbow
Following completion of my training in General Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery in England, I had a speciality training in Upper Limb Surgery (Shoulder & Elbow) and Arthroscopic (key hole surgery) in Shoulder and Knee. Also, I completed a Travelling Fellowship training in the UK, France and USA. I have interest and prectice in Medico-legal field.
Areas of interest
Arthroscopy (key-hole) surgery for shoulder; Shoulder arthritis / replacement; Shoulder sports injuries; Shoulder pain and stiffness; Elbow surgery; Tennis & Golfer elbows, Elbow Pain and stiffness; Hand surgery; Dupuytren surgery, Carpal Tunnel, Trigger fingers, hand and finger pain and stiffness; (key-hole) Surgery for Knee; Knee sport injuries; Knee ligament reconstruction; Knee Cartilage surgery.
- Appointments - BMI Ross Hall Hospital, Glasgow
- 221 Crookston Road Glasgow G52 3NQ
- 0141 810 3151
- 0141 303 4857
- Appointments - Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital
- 25 Beaconsfield Road Glasgow G12 0PJ
- 0141 334 9441
- 0141 339 1150
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Ahmed Almaki Fee Assured
- Dr Martin Hughes Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Lanarkshire NHS.
I published many scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals. Also, I completed a research thesis as part of my MSc Degree.
Courses offered to GPs
I participate in training courses as a faculty member and as a recognised trainer for the West of Scotland surgeon trainees. Also, I do regularly offer teaching sessions to the local GP’s and Physiotherapists.
- MSc University of Birmingham 1998
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow 1996
- FRCS (Orth) Intercollegiate Speciality Board 2004
- Travelling Shoulder Surgery Fellowship UK, France and USA 2005
- Upper Limb (Shoulder & Elbow) Surgery Fellowship Sheffield 2004
Reference number 4272111
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association, British Elbow and Shoulder Society, European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFFORT), UK Register of Expert Witnesses, Society of Expert Witnesses.
- 25 Beaconsfield RoadGLASGOWG12 0PJ
- 12:00 - 13:00
- 0800 616 267
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ross Hall Hospital or
Nuffield Glasgow Hospital