- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
I was appointed as an NHS consultant in Swansea in 2007. My speciality interest includes general and colorectal surgery.
I undertake private consultations at St. David's House.
I was made an honorary associate professor in Swansea University in 2014.
Areas of interest
Colorectal surgery (lower GI); Colorectal (bowel) cancer; proctology; Transanal endoscopic operation (TEO); THD procedure;
Hernia surgery; Colonoscopy; Laparoscopic surgery; Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Helen O'Connell
- Sancta Maria Hospital Ffynone Road SWANSEA SA1 6DF
- 01792 472922
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon, Swansea
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Quality of life after surgery
British Journal of Surgery
International Journal of Colorectal Disease
The Annals of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
Courses offered to GPs
Please contact St David's House.
- BSc University of London 1992
- MBBS University of London 1995
- Master of Surgery University of London 2005
- FRCS (Gen Surg) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2006
- Fellowship in pelvic surgery Christie Hospital, Manchester 2007
Reference number 4197856
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of England
Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland
Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- St David's House Sancta Maria Hospital...
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01792 472922