- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Vascular surgery
Areas of interest
Vascular surgery; Endovascular surgery; Endoscopic procedures; Thyroid disorders / surgery; Endocrine surgery; Minimal access / invasive surgery; Vascular medicine (angiology)
General surgery including inguinal hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; incisional hernia.
- Courtney Bridges
- c/o London Independent Hospital 1st Floor Medical Secretaries Office 1 Beaumont Square Stepney Green London E1 4NL
- 020 7780 2527
- 07415 367932
- 020 7780 2527
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
• Consultant Surgeon, St Barts and The Royal London NHS Trust, London.
• Honorary Senior Lecturer, QMWUL
• Director for AAA screening program in North East London
• Clinical Director of Vascular surgery at Barts Health NHS trust
• Network Director of Vascular surgery at Barts Health NHS trust
• Clinical Director of Vascular surgery at Barts Heart Centre, Barts Health NHS trust
• Steering group for laparoscopic AAA repair
His interests are in minimally invasive surgery; in particular, endovascular aortic aneurysm surgery and he is currently developing laparoscopic and thoracoscopic techniques in vascular surgery. He was the first surgeon in the UK to perform the Barostim procedure for the regulation of hypertension. He also has specific interests in varicose veins (EVLT, Venefit, and glue) deep venous disease, carotid disease, stroke, diabetic foot disease, peripheral arterial disease, Thoracic outlet syndrome and vascular tumours.
He continues to maintain an interest in General Surgery with a large hernia practice.
• Bacholar of Science (BSc) 1991
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery M.B.B.S. 1995
• Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England M.R.C.S (Gen Surg) 1999
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England F.R.C.S (Gen Surg) 2007
• MSc Distinction. 2000
English and Punjabi fluently
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Medical Secretary: Miss Courtney Bridges
Tel: 07 415 367 932