- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
I qualified from the University of Leicester in 1994 and completed my Orthopaedic training in Leicester too. I did a Fellowship in Trauma and Spinal Surgery at the Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Canada. I was appointed as a Consultant in Orthopaedics and Spine Surgery in Leicester in 2008.
Areas of interest
Back Pain and Sciatica
Spinal Injections - Nerve Root Blocks and Epidurals
Lumbar Spine Surgery - Minimally Invasive Surgery; Discectomy, Decompressions
Spinal Fractures - Kyphoplasty
Cervical Spine Surgery - Disc Replacement; Decompressions; Fusions
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon
Leicester General Hospital and Leicester Royal Infirmary
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Fanatical about Football
Support Cambridge United
Coaching and Managing at Oadby Owls (Childrens Football Team)
1) A Higginson, J Braybrooke, S Williams, D Finlay.
Isolated Scaphotrapeziotrapezoid Osteoarthritis. Clin Radiol 2001 May; 56(5): 372-4.
2) J Braybrooke and PJ Sell. Prospective Age Sex and Oswestry Matched Case-Control Study on the Surgical and Non-Surgical management of Spinal Stenosis J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2002; 84-B: SUPP II: 147.
3) J Braybrooke, C Kumar, E Morris. Spinal Accessory Nerve Palsy following Blunt Trauma. Injury 2003 Dec;34(12): 948-9.
4) J Braybrooke, P Sell. Can whiplash claimants be predicted and does this effect their outcome? J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2005; 87-B: SUPP II: 209.
5) B Komarasamy, J Braybrooke, V Lenin babu.Unusual presentation of Telangiectatic Osteosarcoma of distal femur in a preadolescent boy.
J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2006; 88-B: SUPP II: 301.
6) J Braybrooke, J Dias. The Outcomes of Dupuytrens Surgery.
J Hand Surg [B] 2006 Oct;31(5):514-21.
7) Jason Braybrooke, Henry Ahn, Aimee Gallant, Yigel Bronstein, Michael Ford, Joel Finkelstein, Albert Yee. The Impact of Surgical Wait Time on Patient-based Outcomes in Posterior Lumbar Spinal Surgery. Euro Spine J 2007.
8) S Vinay, SK Khan, J Braybrooke . Lumbar Haemangioma causing Pathological Fracture, Epidural Haemorrhage and Cord Compression: a Case Report and Review of Literature. The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 2011 Vol 34 No3 335-339
9) Thromboprophylaxis in Spinal Surgery: A survey. Journal of Orthopeadic Surgery and Research March 2012. D Bryson , J Braybrooke
10) The Epidemiology of Spondylotic Cervical Myelopathy – Northover J, Wilde B, J Braybrooke. Skeletal Radiology March 2012
11) Is Cauda Equina linked with Obesity? – M Venkatesan, Uzoigwe CE, Perianayagam G, Braybrooke JR, Newey ML. J Bone J Surg Br 2012 Nov;94(11):1551-6
12) A Comparative Study of the outcomes of primary and revision lumbar discectomy surgery – Patel MS, Braybrooke J, Newey M, Sell P. Bone Joint J.2013 Jan;95-B(1):90-4
13) Survival Analysis of Elderly patients with Odontoid process fractures – Venkatesan M, Nothover J, Wild B, Braybrooke J. Bone Joint J 201:96-B:88-93
Courses offered to GPs
I do evening presentations at both the Nuffield and Spire Hospitals
I keep a database of all my outcomes and am happy to discuss these during consultations
- MBChB University of Leicester 1994
- FRCSE Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1999
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2005
- Fellowship Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, Canada 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Society for Back Pain Research
British Association of Spine Surgeons
European Spine Society
British Orthopaedic Association
- Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital Scraptoft...
- 18:00 - 20:30
- 0116 212 3664
- Spire Leicester Hospital Gartree Road...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 0116 212 3664
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0116 265 3027 (Spire)