- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Substance misuse psychiatry
I am a Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry with over 15 years exerience as a leader in my field.
My special interests include Bipolar Disorder, Depression and Addictions. I have a background, qualifications and interest in use of CBT and psychotherapy.
Areas of interest
Bipolar disorder (previously manic depression); Depression; Anxiety Disorders; Psychosis; OCD; Addictions; CBT; Psychotherapy
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am have been in post as an NHS consultant at the South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust for 13 years.
I have published research in the areas of Bipolar Disorder and Capacity within the Mental Health Act.
Reading, Music, Film
Sport including cricket, golf, football and keep fit. I have recently run the London Marathon in 2014.
I have recently appeared on television in the Channel 4 documentary television progamme 'Bedlam'.
'Bedlam' Channel 4 in 2013
Courses offered to GPs
I have provided GP seminars on Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Addictions and Suicide, amongst other topics.
- MB BS St Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, London 1995
- BSc Pharmacology Queen Mary & Westfield College, London 1992
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 1999
- Dip BCP St George's Hospital Medical School 2004
- Human Givens Psychotherapy Human Givens Institute 2015
Reference number 4209470
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Adult Psychiatry/Old Age Psychiatry, 2005
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Psychiatrists
Specialist Register of GMC
- Nightingale Hospital Edward House 7 Lisson...
- 09:00 - 21:00
- 020 7535 7711
- Nightingale Hospital, Edward House 7 Lisson...
- 17:30 - 21:00
- 020 7535 7711
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 7535 7711/7900 (secretary/receptionist, Nightingale Hospital)
020 7535 7700 (main switchboard, Nightingale Hospital)