- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Upper GI surgery
Areas of interest
General surgery; Upper gastrointestinal surgery; Laparoscopic surgery ('minimally invasive keyhole approach'); Endoscopy; Hernia surgery; Gallbladder surgery; Anti-reflux surgery; Oesophago-gastric surgery; Bariatric surgery (for obesity treatment).
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Gabriela Frunza Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General, Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgeon - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital London
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer - Imperial College of London
Minimally Invasive Surgery Techniques.
Metabolic Implications of Morbid Obesity.
Clinical Excellence Awards - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Summa Cum Laude - Medical Degree
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Native or bilingual
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- Spanish - Conversational
Published more than 150 articles on peer reviewed journals, book chapters, published abstracts and presentations.
- Medical Degree (full marks and honours) Scuola Superiore Studi Universitari S.Anna - University of Pisa - Italy 1994
- Specialist in General Surgery (full marks and honours) University of Pisa - Italy 2000
- Research Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre - USA 2001
- Clinical Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Bariatrics University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre - USA 2003
- Baccalauréat Scientifique Français Lycée Français - Accadémie d'Aix-Marseille 1987
- Attending Surgeon and Assistant Professor of Surgery University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre - USA 2004
- USMLE Certification Steps 1, 2 & 3 United States Medical Licensure Examination Board 2001
Reference number 4347156
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register for General Surgery, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
Member Association Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)
Member International Federation Surgery Obesity (IFSO)
Member British Obesity Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, SW10 9NH
- 10:00 - 14:00
- 020 3315 8484
- Private Patient's Department369 Fulham...
- 13:00 - 14:00
- 020 3315 8484
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.