- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Upper GI surgery
Areas of interest
General surgery; Upper gastrointestinal surgery; Laparoscopic surgery ('minimally invasive keyhole approach'); Endoscopy; Hernia surgery; Gallbladder surgery; Anti-reflux surgery; Bariatric metabolic surgery (for obesity treatment).
Anaesthetists worked with
Mr Gianluca Bonanomi has worked with Dr Gabriela Frunza at the following hospitals:
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital (1-5)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General, Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgeon - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital London
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer - Imperial College of London
Minimally Invasive Surgery Techniques.
Metabolic Implications of Morbid Obesity.
Clinical Excellence Awards - Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Summa Cum Laude - Medical Degree
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Native or bilingual
- Italian - Native or bilingual
- Spanish - Conversational
Published more than 150 articles on peer reviewed journals, book chapters, published abstracts and presentations.
- Medical Degree (full marks and honours) Scuola Superiore Studi Universitari S.Anna - University of Pisa - Italy 1994
- Specialist in General Surgery (full marks and honours) University of Pisa - Italy 2000
- Research Fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre - USA 2001
- Clinical Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Bariatrics University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre - USA 2003
- Baccalauréat Scientifique Français Lycée Français - Accadémie d'Aix-Marseille 1987
- Attending Surgeon and Assistant Professor of Surgery University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre - USA 2004
- USMLE Certification Steps 1, 2 & 3 United States Medical Licensure Examination Board 2001
Reference number 4347156
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist Register for General Surgery, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
Member Association Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)
Member British Medical Association (BMA)
Member International Federation Surgery Obesity (IFSO)
Member British Obesity Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
Former member of ASMBS and EAES
- Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, SW10 9NH
- 10:00 - 14:00
- 020 3315 8484
- Private Patient's Department369 Fulham...
- 12:30 - 13:30
- 020 3315 8484
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.