- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Pain medicine
I am a consultant anaesthetist with special interest in Pain Medicine. My area of expertise in pain managment are Back pain, abdominal wall pain and neuropathic (nerve damage) pain. I work with a multi-disciplinary team and undertake variety of pain injections to facilitate pain control and rehabilitation.
Areas of interest
Epidural steroid injection; Radiofrequency treatment to facet and sacro-iliac joints; facet joint injection; ultrasound guided nerve blocks; low back pain; abdominal wall pain; neck pain; Sciatica; Brachialgia
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine
Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
Facet joint denervation
Abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment syndrome
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Abdominal Cutaneous Nerve Entrapment Syndrome
Contin Educ Anaesth Crit Care Pain 2015; 15(2): 60-63.
2. Aortocaval compression in obese pregnant mothers – an MRI study
International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia 2016; 26: 15-18
3. Radiofrequency techniques in pain management
Anaesthesia & Intensive Care Medicine 2013; 14(12): 543-545.
4. Sciatic nerve block following Piriformis injection under ultrasound and nerve stimulator guidance – a case report
Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine 2013; 38(5): S166-67.
5. Chronic abdominal wall pain and ultrasound guided abdominal cutaneous nerve infiltration – A case series
Pain Medicine 2011 12(3): 382-6.
6. Strong opioid use and misuse in chronic pain clinic
European Journal of Pain 2009; 13 (sup 1) S209.
7. High dependency care in an obstetric setting in the UK
Anaesthesia 2008; 63: 1081-6.
8. The role of epidural phenol in cancer patients at the end of life
Palliative Medicine 2008; 22: 777-8
9. Lumbar zygapophyseal joint pain: epidemiology, aetiology, presentation and Management
Reviews in Pain 2008; 2: 8-13.
10. Intravenous patient-controlled analgesia for labour: a survey of UK practice
International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia 2007; 16: 221-5.
11. Percutaneous test stimulation of spinal cord for permanent implants. Do they have a role?
Neuromodulation 2007; 10 (2) 200-201.
12. The challenges of obesity and obstetric anaesthesia
Current Opinion in Obstet & Gynaecol 2006; 18(6): 631-5
13. Epidural steroid injection therapy: prospective analysis of factors influencing the efficacy
European Journal of Pain 2006; 10 (Suppl. 1): S250.
14. Obesity and obstetric anaesthesia
Anaesthesia 2006; 61(1): 36 – 48.
15. Failed intubation in obstetrics: Has the incidence changed recently?
British Journal of Anaesthesia 2005; 94(5): 690.
16. Delayed onset refractory dystonic movements following propofol anaesthesia
Pediatric Anesthesia 2005; 15(7): 597-601
- MD University of Mumbai 1999
- FCPS College of Physicians and Surgeons 1999
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthesia, London 2002
- FFPMRCA Royal College of Anaesthesia, London 2007
Reference number 5203328
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 2007
- BMI Albyn Hospital 21-24 Albyn Place ABERDEEN...
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01224 595993
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details