- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma focused CBT
I am an accredited CBT Psychotherapist (BABCP), a registered Counselling Psychologist (HCPC), and an accredited EMDR Consultant (Europe Approved).
I was the lead clinician at the NHS Post Traumatic Stress Clinic in South Gloucestershire for 2005 to 2012.
I now work mainly in private practice treating PTSD, depression and anxiety disorders.
Areas of interest
Depressive disorders; Anxiety disorders; Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD); Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD); Bereavement; Complex Grief; Pain management; Stress; Asperger's Syndrome; Cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT); Eye movement desensitization & reprocessing (EMDR); Individual psychological treatment.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
I currently provide the EMDR supervision for psychologists and CBT psychotherapists at the:
- NHS 2gether Trust in Gloucester
- NHS 2gether Trust in Hereford
- NHS AWP in Bristol
I completed a PhD that research the affects of EMDR on clinical conditions (depression, anxiety, PTSD) and personality disorders.
I graduated summa cum laude in my Bachelor's degree.
I graduated cum laude in my Honours and Masters degree.
- Doctor of Philosophy Univeristy of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa 2010
- MSocSc(Psych) cum laude Univeristy of Natal, South Africa 2003
- BSocScHons(Psych) cum laude Univeristy of Natal, South Africa 2002
- BSocSc(Psych) summa cum laude Univeristy of Natal, South Africa 2001
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- CBT Psychotherapist BABCP 2011
- Chartered psychologist British Psychological Society 2007
- Counselling Psychologist HCPC 2011
- EMDR Consultant (Europe Approved) EMDR Association UK & Ireland 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Affliate Member of BPS