- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
Areas of interest
Colonoscopy; Colon Cancer; Rectal cancer; Rectal bleeding; Haemorrhoids; Gastro-intestinal tract (surgery); Colorectal; Colitis; Minimal invasive surgery; Transanal surgery; Colon polyps; Rectal polyps; Coloproctology; Crohn's disease surgery; Ulcerative colitis surgery; Pelvic floor surgery; Pilonidal sinus; Anal fistula; Colorectal disease (Lower GI); Laparoscopic cholecystectomy; Gall bladder; Anal sepsis; Hernias; inguinal hernia; Perianal surgery; Abdominal pain; Colorectal surgery (lower GI); Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); Bowel disease including inflammatory (IBD)
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead
Laparoscopic & Minimally Invasive Surgery
Triathlon, Skiing, Cycling
1. Short-term results for laparoscopic ventral rectopexy using biological mesh for pelvic organ prolapse. Colorectal Disease. 14(10):1242-7, 2012 Oct.
2. Right lateral position for laparoscopic splenic flexure mobilization. Colorectal Disease. 13(7):e178-80, 2011 Jul.
3. Gummatous rectal syphilis imitating rectal carcinoma. Colorectal Disease. 12(12):1269-70, 2010 Dec.
4. Varices of the round ligament mimicking an inguinal hernia--an important differential diagnosis during pregnancy. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 92(7):W10-1, 2010 Oct.
5. Covered metallic stents for the palliation of colovesical fistula. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 92(6):W43-5, 2010 Sep.
6. Surgical training in gastrointestinal procedures within a UK gynaecological oncology subspecialty programme.
BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 117(1):26-31, 2010 Jan.
7. Genetic variants in XRCC2: new insights into colorectal cancer tumorigenesis. Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 18(9):2476-84, 2009 Sep.
8. Genetic variants in XRCC2: new insights into colorectal cancer tumorigenesis. Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 18(9):2476-84, 2009 Sep.
9. Meta association of colorectal cancer confirms risk alleles at 8q24 and 18q21. Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 18(2):616-21, 2009 Feb.
10. MLH1 -93G>A promoter polymorphism and risk of mismatch repair deficient colorectal cancer. UK NCRI Colorectal Clinical Studies Group. Colorectal Cancer Study Group. International Journal of Cancer. 123(10):2456-9, 2008 Nov 15.
11. A 6-year review of surgical morbidity and oncological outcome after high anterior resection for colorectal malignancy with and without splenic flexure mobilization. Colorectal Disease. 10(2):165-9, 2008 Feb.
12. Intermittent torsion of a megapouch: report of a case.
Diseases of the Colon & Rectum. 50(12):2244-6, 2007 Dec.
13. Nicorandil and idiopathic anal ulceration. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum. 48(7):1442-6, 2005 Jul.
14. Nicorandil associated anal ulceration. Colorectal Disease. 6(6):527, 2004 Nov.
15. A safe method of retrograde passage of fogarty embolectomy catheter through difficult iliac arteries. European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery. 23(6):559-61, 2002 Jun.
- MBChB Sheffield University 1995
- FRCS (General Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons (England) 2005
- MD Sheffield University 2007
- Overseas Laparoscopic Colorectal Fellowship Singapore General Hospital Colorectal Unit 2006
Reference number 4189868
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
European Society of Coloproctology
Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
- Nuffield Health Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital,...
- 09:00 - 11:00
- 07904 315100
- Spire Washington Hospital, NE38 9JZ
- 14:00 - 16:30
- 0191 418 8654
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.