- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Vishal Sahni is a Consultant in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery with experience of over 10 years at consultant level. His NHS base is Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust and he also offers consultation and surgical & non-surgical treatment to self pay, privately insured and NHS patients at Renacres Hospital, Fulwood Hall Hospital & Euxton Hall Hospital.
Mr Sahni specialises in shoulder, elbow, wrist & hand disorders. He has been a meritorious student throughout and whilst in Medical School, he was awarded “Best Student of University” medal, for all round excellence in academics, sports , dramatics & extra curricular activities. His higher surgical training was in the North West of England. He undertook a fellowship in upper limb surgery with Professor John Stanley in Wrightington Hospital. He also underwent advanced training in keyhole and joint replacement surgery for shoulder & elbow joints with Professor Simon Frostick in Royal Liverpool University Hospital. He is very keen on recent advances in shoulder & elbow surgery and to keep himself updated with the latest advances all over the World he regularly undertakes visitations.
He has recently visited
Prof. H Sugaya in Finabashi Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Dr S Nagda, MD, Shoulder & Elbow Specialist in Nevada, USA
Professor Pascal Boileu in Nice, France
Areas of interest
Rotator Cuff Tears
Subacromial Impingement Syndrome
Fractures, Dislocations & Soft Tissue Injuries
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Ganglions, Cysts & Other Swellings
Trigger Finger or Thumb
- Angela Carter
- Renacres Hall Hospital Renacres Lane Halsall ORMSKIRK L39 8SE
- 01704 842042
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Southport & Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
Rotator Cuff Repairs For Partial and Full thickness Tears
Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
Patient Reported Outcome Measures
Cycling cross country for charity
(Cycled from London to Paris in June 2014 for Autism Initiatives and from London to Amsterdam to Brussels for Autism Initiatives in July 2015)
BAPIO First Prize for "Best Innovation in Healthcare Award", Manchester November 2014 for
developing and performing first time in the World ROBOT assisted Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgery.
Nominated for Non Resident Indian of the year award 2014 by Times Group
Numerous awards in School including “Revered Bishops Gold Medal” for topping five subjects and “Best All-Rounder Gold Medal”.
"Best Student” award of The Nagpur University amongst 100 Colleges.
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
1. Selveratnam V, Shetty V, Sahni V. Do Undisplaced Stable Ankle Fractures Ever Displace? Are We Subjecting our Patients to Unnecessary Radiation and Follow-up Appointments? The Internet Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, January 2011 : 18(1).
2. R. Rajaganeshan, C. Dussa, V. Sahni. National survey in the United Kingdom of prophylaxis of deep vein thrombosis for patients with fracture of the neck of the femur. Injury, Volume 37, Issue 8, Pages 721-726 Aug 2006
3. Sahni V, Qi Y, Frostick SP. Peripheral Nerve Regeneration. European Surgery 2005;37(4):1-6. (Invited Article).
4. Chakravarthy D, Rajaganeshan R, Sahni V, Menon TJ National Audit on DVT prophylaxis for patients with fracture neck of femur. (10 May 2005)
Electronic letter in JBJS British
5. Frostick SP, Sahni V. Key Developments In Orthopaedic Surgery. An update on recent advances in Orthopaedic Surgery for General Practitioners. The Practitioner 2004 Nov; 248:775- 782.
6. Frostick SP, Sahni V. Chapter on Musculo-skeletal disorders. Fundamentals Of Surgical Practice, Cambridge University Press, October 2004.
7. Toh EM, Sahni V, Acharya A, Denton JS. Management Of Intra-capsular Femoral Neck Fractures In The Elderly; Is It Time To Rethink Our Strategy? Injury 2004 Feb;35(2):125-129.
8. V. Sahni. Reamed Nailing Of Gustillo Grade III-B Tibial Fractures. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British) Letter. 2001 Sept;83(7):1083.
9. V. Sahni, Deshmukh NV. Xanthofibroma Of Bone. Orthopaedic Update 1994 Dec; 42.
Courses offered to GPs
Can be organised given sufficient notice, on topics I specialise in (given above). Please contact Mrs Angela Carter Tel 01704842042
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details