- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mrs Carol Selth is an experienced clinician with over 29 years experience as a podiatrist. She qualified at the London Foot Hospital in 1989 and has worked both in the public and private sectors. She attained a Masters Degree with Distinction in 1999 and attained her surgical fellowship at Charing Cross Hospital in 2002.
Mrs Selth established the Department of Podiatric Surgery in West Kent. She is currently a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon in Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Mrs Selth undertakes a wide range of corrective foot surgery and treatments.Surgery can be performed under local anaesthetic, sedation or general anaesthetic as required.
Areas of interest
- Surgical correction of Hallux Valgus (Bunions);
- Surgical correction of Hallux Rigidus (stiff big toe joint) by arthrodesis (fusion), Silastic implants (joint replacement) or Keller’s arthroplasty;
- Lesser metatarsal osteotomies (for chronic corns under the feet);
- Digital surgery to correct deformities of the lesser toes;
- Exostectomies (removal of bony lumps);
- Soft tissue surgery eg excision of Morton’s Neuromas, ganglions, skin lesions;
- Nail surgery to correct ingrowing toe nails or other nail conditions;
- Steroid injection therapy eg for plantar fasciitis (painful heels);
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Podiatric Surgeon (clinical Lead) based at QVMH Herne Bay and Foster Street Clinic Maidstone
Selth, C. A. and Francis, B. E. (2000) “Review of Non–functional Plantar Heel Pain.” The Foot. 10, 97-104.
- Fellowship in Podiatric Surgery Faculty of Podiatric Surgery 2002
- MSc in Health Education and Health Promotion Christ Church University College 1998
- BSC (Hons) in Podiatric Studies University of Brighton 1992
- Diploma in Podiatric Medicine London Foot Hospital and School of Podiatric Medicine 1989
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mrs Carol Selth FCPodS