- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mrs Carol Selth is an experienced clinician with over 27 years experience as a podiatrist. She qualified at the London Foot Hospital in 1989 and has worked both in the public and private sectors. She attained a Masters Degree with Distinction in 1999 and attained her surgical fellowship at Charing Cross Hospital in 2002.
Mrs Selth established the Department of Podiatric Surgery in West Kent where she is currently a Consultant in Podiatric Surgery. Mrs Selth undertakes a wide range of corrective foot surgery and treatments which include:
- Surgical correction of Hallux Valgus (Bunions)
- Surgical correction of Hallux Rigidus (stiff big toe joint) by arthrodesis (fusion), Silastic implants (joint replacement) or Keller’s arthroplasty
- Lesser metatarsal osteotomies (for chronic corns under the feet)
- Digital surgery to correct deformities of the lesser toes
- Exostectomies (removal of bony lumps)
- Soft tissue surgery eg excision of Morton’s Neuromas, ganglions, skin lesions
- Nail surgery to correct ingrowing toe nails or other nail conditions
- Steroid injection therapy eg for plantar fasciitis (painful heels)
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
Surgery can be performed under local anaesthetic, sedation or general anaesthetic as required.