- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Skin cancer
Dr Raj Mallipeddi qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine and completed specialist dermatology training at St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London. He has always been actively involved in clinical research and spent over two years undertaking laboratory research within the Genetic Skin Disease Group at St John's Institute of Dermatology, finally being awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree for the study of squamous cell carcinoma in epidermolysis bullosa.
Dr Mallipeddi has published numerous scientific articles and lectures nationally and internationally. Upon completion of his dermatology training in the UK, he undertook a prestigious procedural dermatology fellowship at the world renowned UTSouthwestern Medical Centre in Dallas, USA. This provided subspecialist expertise in Mohs micrographic surgery, laser surgery and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr Mallipeddi is one of the few Mohs surgeons in the UK who has completed advanced training in Mohs micrographic surgery, which is certified by The American College of Mohs Surgery. Since 2008 he has been the Clinical Director of The Dermatological Surgery and Laser Unit at St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London. He is also the Lead for skin cancer at Guys and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and is President of the British Society for Dermatological Surgery. He sees referrals from across the country and supervises the training of dermatologists in all aspects of skin surgery and lasers.
Areas of interest
Laser surgery; Dermatological surgery; Botulinum toxin therapy; Micrographic surgery (MOHS / MMS); Photodynamic therapy (PDT); Skin tumours / cancer/ oncology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatological Surgeon, St John's Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas' Hospital, London SE1 7EH
Mohs micrographic surgery
Fellowship of the American College of Mohs Surgery 2014
Marquis Who's Who In Healthcare 2013-14 and 2009-10
British Society for Dermatological Society "wooden curette award" 2011 for contributions to the Society
British Society for Paediatric Dermatology Annual Meeting Prize for best presentation
St John' Dermatological Society registrar prize
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology with Basic Medical Sciences University College London 1994
- MBBS Imperial College School of Medicine 1997
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2000
- Doctor of Medicine King's College London 2005
- Fellowship of the American College of Mohs Surgery American College of Mohs Surgery 2014
- Fellow in Procedural Dermatology / Dermatologic Surgery UTSouthwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Tx, USA 2006
Reference number 4410735
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President-Elect British Society for Dermatological Surgery 2013
- Secretary British Society for Dermatological Surgery 2009
- Member American College of Mohs Surgery 2007
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians 2013
- President British Society for Dermatological Surgery 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCt Dermatology, 2006
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.