- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Dr Verdolini qualified in medicine in Italy with distinction in 1993. Early medical posts were in General Pathology (where he gained a deep insight into the biology of tumours and laboratory research). Upon completing postgraduate specialist training (again with distinction) and specialist registration in Dermatology in 1999, he undertook a further period of training at the Royal London Hospital, London, also gaining U.K. specialist registration in 2002.
His first appointment as Consultant Dermatologist was at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow; followed by Newham University Hospital, London (2003 -2007) and Barts & The London Hospital Trust (2007-2010). Currently, Dr Verdolini is Dermatology Clinical Lead (and Clinical Service Group Lead for Medicine) for the Princess Alexandra Hospital (NHS) Trust. He also holds a Masters in Dermatosurgery.
Areas of interest
Skin cancer / tumours; Dermatological surgery (including complex reconstructions by flaps and graft); General Dermatology; Acne; Eczema; Psoriasis; Urticaria; Vitiligo; Allergies; Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating); Hair loss/disorders; Nails (including nail surgery); Genital dermatology;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dermatology Consultant, Princess Alexandra Hospital (NHS) Trust, Harlow and the other Trust Hospitals (St Margaret's Hospital - Epping and the Herts & Essex Hospital - Bishop's Stortford, Herts)
- Skin Cancer (Cutaneous Lymphoma and Melanoma)
- Inflammatory skin disorders (Atopic Dermatitis, immunobullous diseases)
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Dermatosurgery (development of new solutions for the closure of large wounds)
(Additional) Languages spoken
See extensive list at:
Courses offered to GPs
"Dermatology Matters" 1 day seminars for GPs in conjunction with the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (once/twice per year).
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery “with distinction” University of Ancona-Italy 1993
- Diploma of Specialisation in Dermatology and Venereology, “with distinction and publicetur” Clinic of Dermatology and Venereology, University of Ancona-Italy 1999
- Masters in Dermatosurgery University of Siena 2009
Reference number 4768562
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians 2007
- Member British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) 2010
- Member European Academy of Dermato-Venereology (EADV) 2009
- Member American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) 2009
- Member British Society of Dermatosurgery (BSDS) 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Dermatology and Venereology, 2002
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Verdolini (via his PA) 07526523575