- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 17 Apr 2020
- Benign Prostate disorders
- Urinary tract stones
- Urological oncology
Areas of interest
Prostate disorders;Day case (Urolift) and Laser treatments for prostate
Kidney Stones and treatments (lithotripsy, ureteroscopy/PCNL)
Lower urinary tract symptoms and incontinence
Renal, prostate and bladder cancers
Penile and Testicular problems
Laser surgery; laparoscopic operations ('keyhole surgery')
- Michelle Ford
- Department of Urology University Hospital of Wales Heath Park CARDIFF CF14 4XW
- 029 2074 5151
- 07932 667509
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Richard Hughes Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Lecturer
University Hospital of Wales and School of Medicine
Dept of Urology
- Chief and Principle Investigator. for studies in stone and prostate diseases, stents and uro-technology
-European Association of Urology - Associate member - Urolithiasis group
- National Committee member - endourology and stone diseases - 2014-2019
- NIHR Urology lead for Wales
- Outcomes and health services research incl. Health related quality of Life and patient reported outcomes
- National lead for audit on the surgical treatments for enlarged prostate prostate (AuSuM BPH)
- Bevan Exemplar 2018-2019
- Urinary stents and urological technology
- New technology to treat prostate diseases
music - plays classical music
sports especially cricket
Multiple awards for the best paper and poster presentations at the
- BAUS section of Endourology 2001, 2014,
- Annual essay contest - section of endourology, USA 2001
- American Association of Urology 2016
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
- Gujarati - Conversational
- German - Basic
-Tight foreskin.:Raja A, Perry I, Joshi HB.
BMJ. 2016 Oct 5
- The German linguistic validation of the Ureteral Stent Symptoms Questionnaire (USSQ).
Abt D, Dötzer K, Honek P, Müller K, Engeler DS, Burger M, Schmid HP, Knoll T, Sanguedolce F, Joshi HB, Fritsche HM.
World J Urol. 2016 Jun 23.
- How Do Urinary Calculi Influence Health-Related Quality of Life and Patient Treatment Preference: A Systematic Review.
J Endourol. 2016 Jul;30(7):727-43.
- Evidence of Nonuniformity in Urothelium Barrier Function between the Upper Urinary Tract and Bladder.
Williams NA, Barnard L, Allender CJ, Bowen JL, Gumbleton M, Harrah T, Raja A, Joshi HB.
J Urol. 2016 Mar;195(3):763-7
- Investigating Detrusor Muscle Concentrations of Oxybutynin After Intravesical Delivery in an Ex Vivo Porcine Model.J Pharm Sci. 2015 Jul;104(7):2233-2240.
- An ex Vivo Investigation into the Transurothelial Permeability and Bladder Wall Distribution of the Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Ketorolac.. Mol Pharm. 2014 Feb 6.
- Re: Development of an Instrument to Assess the Health Related Quality of Life of Kidney Stone Formers: J Urol 2013;189:921-930. Raja A, O'Neill C, Joshi HB, Salek S. J Urol. 2014 Apr 14
-The Spanish linguistic validation of the ureteral stent symptom questionnaire.: J Endourol. 2014 Feb;28(2):237-42.
- Recurrent urolithiasis following parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism. Rowlands C, Zyada A, Zouwail S, Joshi H, Stechman MJ, Scott-Coombes DM.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013 Oct;95(7):523-8
- Cross-cultural application of the Korean version of Ureteral Stent Symptoms Questionnaire.: Park J, Joshi HB, Park HK. J Endourol. 2012 Nov;26:1518-22
- Re: a novel drug eluting ureteral stent: a prospective, randomized, multicenter clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a ketorolac loaded ureteral stent: A. E. Krambeck, J Urol 2010; 183: 1037-1043.Joshi HB, Keeley FX, Timoney AG.: J Urol. 2010 Nov;184(5):2217-8; author reply 2218.
- Relief of stent related symptoms: review of engineering and pharmacological solutions.: J Urol. 2010 Oct;184(4):1267-72
- The Italian linguistic validation of the ureteral stent symptoms questionnaire. J Urol. 2008 Aug;180(2):624-8
- A prospective randomized single-blind comparison of ureteral stents composed of firm and soft polymer. J Urol. 2005 Dec;174(6):2303-6.
Courses offered to GPs
- Management of lower urinary tract symptoms
- erectile dysfunction and LUTS
- PSA management
- Stone disease and latest management
- Invited presenter for national and international meetings as well as regular reviewer for international journals.
- Panelist for The Royal College examinations for the MRCS and FRCS (urology)
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.BAUS.org.uk
I have presented (local, regional and national meetings) my surgical outcomes, by undertaking regular audits for most index procedures - All in keeping with the published national data.
- Holmium Laser Enucleation of prostate
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Laparoscopic nepherectomy
- FRCS (Urology) Intercollegiate board and Royal College of Surgeons 2005
- MD University of Bristol 2003
- Fellow of European Board of Urology European Board of Urology 2007
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, Glasgow 1997
- FEBU European Board of Urology 2007
Reference number 4588058
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- European Urological association EU 2001
- British association of Urological Surgeon The Royal College of Surgeons 2000
- Endourological society USA 2001
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register in Urology, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
British Associattion of Urological Surgeons
European Urological Association
- Croescadarn RoadPentwynCARDIFFCF23 8XL
- 10:30 - 12:30
- 029 2074 5151
- Spire Cardiff Hospital, CF23 8XL
- 13:30 - 15:30
- 029 2074 5151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details