- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General urology
- Urinary tract stones
- Urological oncology
Areas of interest
Kidney Stones and treatments (lithotripsy and minimally invasive treatments);
Urinary symptoms and Prostate disorders;
Day case and laser treatments for prostate;
Renal, prostate and bladder cancers;
Laser surgery; laparoscopic operations ('keyhole surgery')
- Louise Dalton
- Department of Urology University Hospital of Wales Heath Park CARDIFF CF14 4XW
- 029 2074 5151
- 07932 667509
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Lecturer
University Hospital of Wales and School of Medicine
Dept of Urology
- National Committee member - endourology and stone diseases - Since 2014
- NIHR Urology lead for Wales
- C.I and P.I. for studies in stone diseases, urotechnology
- National lead for audit on the surgical treatments for enlarged prostate prostate (AuSuM BPH)
- Bevan Exemplar 2018
- Urinary stents and urological technology
- New prostate disease markers
- Outcomes and health services research incl. Health related quality of Life and patient reported outcomes
music - plays classical music
sports especially cricket
Multiple awards for the best paper and poster presentations at the
- BAUS section of Endourology 2001, 2014,
- Annual essay contest - section of endourology, USA 2001
- American Association of Urology 2016
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Fluent
- Gujarati - Conversational
- German - Basic
-Tight foreskin.:Raja A, Perry I, Joshi HB.
BMJ. 2016 Oct 5
- The German linguistic validation of the Ureteral Stent Symptoms Questionnaire (USSQ).
Abt D, Dötzer K, Honek P, Müller K, Engeler DS, Burger M, Schmid HP, Knoll T, Sanguedolce F, Joshi HB, Fritsche HM.
World J Urol. 2016 Jun 23.
- How Do Urinary Calculi Influence Health-Related Quality of Life and Patient Treatment Preference: A Systematic Review.
J Endourol. 2016 Jul;30(7):727-43.
- Evidence of Nonuniformity in Urothelium Barrier Function between the Upper Urinary Tract and Bladder.
Williams NA, Barnard L, Allender CJ, Bowen JL, Gumbleton M, Harrah T, Raja A, Joshi HB.
J Urol. 2016 Mar;195(3):763-7
- Investigating Detrusor Muscle Concentrations of Oxybutynin After Intravesical Delivery in an Ex Vivo Porcine Model.J Pharm Sci. 2015 Jul;104(7):2233-2240.
- An ex Vivo Investigation into the Transurothelial Permeability and Bladder Wall Distribution of the Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Ketorolac.. Mol Pharm. 2014 Feb 6.
- Re: Development of an Instrument to Assess the Health Related Quality of Life of Kidney Stone Formers: J Urol 2013;189:921-930. Raja A, O'Neill C, Joshi HB, Salek S. J Urol. 2014 Apr 14
-The Spanish linguistic validation of the ureteral stent symptom questionnaire.: J Endourol. 2014 Feb;28(2):237-42.
- Recurrent urolithiasis following parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism. Rowlands C, Zyada A, Zouwail S, Joshi H, Stechman MJ, Scott-Coombes DM.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013 Oct;95(7):523-8
- Cross-cultural application of the Korean version of Ureteral Stent Symptoms Questionnaire.: Park J, Joshi HB, Park HK. J Endourol. 2012 Nov;26:1518-22
- Re: a novel drug eluting ureteral stent: a prospective, randomized, multicenter clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a ketorolac loaded ureteral stent: A. E. Krambeck, J Urol 2010; 183: 1037-1043.Joshi HB, Keeley FX, Timoney AG.: J Urol. 2010 Nov;184(5):2217-8; author reply 2218.
- Relief of stent related symptoms: review of engineering and pharmacological solutions.: J Urol. 2010 Oct;184(4):1267-72
- The Italian linguistic validation of the ureteral stent symptoms questionnaire. J Urol. 2008 Aug;180(2):624-8
- A prospective randomized single-blind comparison of ureteral stents composed of firm and soft polymer. J Urol. 2005 Dec;174(6):2303-6.
Courses offered to GPs
- Management of lower urinary tract symptoms
- erectile dysfunction and LUTS
- PSA management
- Stone disease and latest management
Invited presenter for national and international meetings as well as regular reviewer for international journals.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.BAUS.org.uk
- MD University of Bristol 2003
- FRCS (Urology) Intercollegiate board and Royal College of Surgeons 2005
- Fellow of European Board of Urology European Board of Urology 2007
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, Glasgow 1997
- FEBU European Board of Urology 2007
Reference number 4588058
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- British association of Urological Surgeon The Royal College of Surgeons 2000
- European Urological association EU 2001
- Endourological society USA 2001
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register in Urology, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
British Associattion of Urological Surgeons
European Urological Association
- Spire Cardiff Hospital, CF23 8XL
- 10:00 - 12:30
- 029 2074 5151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details