- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Areas of interest
General Endocrinology;General Diabetes;Thyroid disorders;Parathyroid disorders;Calcium Disorders;osteoporosis;Addison's disease;Cushing's;Phaechromocytoma;Resistant Hypertension;Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome;Obesity;Pituitary disorders;Erectile dysfunction due to Testosterone abnormalities;Hypogonadism;General Diabetes;Type-I diabetes;type-II diabetes;Type-3 diabetes;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Diabetes/Endocrinology and General Internal Medicine
Sub Dean for Medical Undergraduate Studies at University of Liverpool
Honorary Senior Lecturer at University of Liverpool
Cheshire & Merseyside Strategic Clinical Network Lead for Diabetes, NHS England
North West Diabetes Lead for Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA)
Growth Hormone and Bone metabolism
Medical Management and Cost Effectiveness
Cricketer still playing for my Club in the Liverpool District Cricket Competition as an all rounder with preference to bowling.
Gardening and Travelling.
Gold Medalist and Scholarship during pre Med and Medical years.
Team of the Year awards as Clinical Director for Diabetes and Endocrinology
(Additional) Languages spoken
6. Ahmad AM, et al. 2001 Circadian and ultradian leptin pulsatility in Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency; Effects of Growth Hormone Replacement. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 86: 3499-3506.
8. Ahmad AM, et al. 2002 Objective estimates of the probability of developing hypothyroidism following radioactive iodine treatment of thyrotoxicosis. European Journal of Endocrinology. 146: 767-775.
9. A.M. Ahmad, et al. 2003 Parathyroid hormone secretory pattern, circulating activity and effect on bone turnover in Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency. Bone. 32: 170-179.
12. Ahmad AM, Tet al. 2003 Effects of growth hormone replacement on parathyroid hormone sensitivity and bone mineral metabolism. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 88: 2860-2868.
13. Diver MJ, Imtiaz K, Ahmad AM,et al. 2003 Diurnal rhythms of serum total, free and bioavailable testosterone and SHBG in middle-aged men compared with those in young men. Clinical Endocrinology. 58: 710-717.
16. Ahmad AM, et al. 2004 Parathyroid hormone responsiveness in adult growth hormone deficiency before and during growth hormone replacement. American Journal of Physiol ogy: Endocrinology and Metabolism. 286: 986-994.
21. H. D. White, A. M. Ahmad, et al. Effect of Active Acromegaly and Its Treatment on Parathyroid Circadian Rhythmicity and Parathyroid Target-Organ Sensitivity. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Mar 2006; 91: 913 - 919.
22. F Joseph, B Y Chan, B H Durham, A M Ahmad, et al. The Circadian Rhythm of Osteoprotegerin and its Association with Parathyroid Hormone Secretion. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., 2007; 92(8):3230-3238.
24. Lloyd A, Nafees B, Gavriel S, Rousculp MD, Boye KS, Ahmad A Health utility values associated with diabetic retinopathy. Diabet Med 2008, May;25(5):618-24.
25. Joseph F, Ul-Haq M, AM Ahmad, et al. Effect of growth hormone administration on bone mineral metabolism, parathyroid hormone sensitivity and parathyroid hormone secretory rhythm in postmenopausal women with established osteoporosis. Journal of Bone & Mineral Research, 2008, 23(5), 721-729.
29. Aftab Ahmad, et al. The Impact Of Twice-Daily Consultant Ward Rounds On The Length Of Stay In Two General Medical Wards (Clinical Medicine, 2011, 11, 6: 524–8).
31. Aftab Ahmad, et al; A cost-benefit analysis of twice-daily consultant ward rounds and clinical input on investigation and pharmacy costs in a major teaching hospital in the UK. BMJ Open, April 2015, 5.
- MBBS King Edward Medical College, Punjab University 1987
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1996
- BSc Punjab University 1984
- CCST Royal College of Physicians 2002
- MD University of Liverpool 2004
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2009
- Post Graduate Certification Edge Hill University 2009
- Post Graduate Certification Open University 2010
Reference number 4388131
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
Medical Defence Union
Royal College of Physicians
General Medical Council