- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have been a specialist in knee and hip arthroplasty and a sports knee and shoulder consultant surgeon since 2007. During that time I have performed a high volume of knee and hip replacements surgery and also specialist partial knee replacement surgery in excess of the national average.
Following on from a PhD in knee injuries and a fellowship in Canada in knee and shoulder arthroscopic surgery I have established a practice to care for patients with these needs in North Wales; often, but not exclusively, sport related injuries.
My aim is to explain all the appropriate treatment options available to each individual patient and guide them to the best choice for them personally.
Areas of interest
total hip replacement, total knee replacement, all partial knee replacement including Oxford medial unicompartment knee replacement, lateral unicompartment knee replacement and patellofemoral replacement
knee: ACL reconstruction, PCL reconstruction, multilligament knee reconstruction, meniscal repair, patella stabilisation, children and young adult knee injuries.
arthroscopic stabilisation, labral repairs, rotator cuff repairs, acromioclavicular joint stabilisation.
- Kelly Margett
- Ivor Lewis Building Glan Clwyd Hospital Rhuddlan Road Bodelwyddan RHYL LL18 5UJ
- 01745 448740
- 07889 123099
- 01745 445150
- Medical Secretary
- Spire Abergele Consulting Rooms Priory House North Wales Business Park ABERGELE LL22 8LJ
- 01745 828900
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Shrisha Shenoy Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Betsi Cadwalder University Health Board
Knee multiligament injuries and other soft tissue knee disorders. Awarded a PhD from Birmingham University for the diagnosis and outcomes of soft tissue disorders of the knee. The long term survival of unicompartment knee replacement. The benefits of minimally invasive knee replacement surgery in the elderly.
Football, tennis, windsurfing, musicals. Spending time with my family.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Arabic - Conversational
• Hanna, Dent. Teaching opportunities in a day surgery unit. The Clinical Teacher, 3(2):1-5, 2006
• AW Hanna, et al,: A new computer-based triage tool for knee disorders. The Knee, 7: 79-, 2000.
• AW Hanna,et al,: A comparison of a new computer-based interview for knee disorders with conventional history taking. The Knee, 6: 245, 1999.
• AW Hanna et al, A new method for optimising the need for MRI in the diagnosis of knee disorders. EFORT 2005
National Joint Registry has not yet published Welsh surgeons' results.
My results after 12 years.
0% infection rate in joint replacement surgery.
Greater than 98% success rate for all hip and knee replacement surgery.
99% success rate for partial knee replacement (well above the national average)
0% mortality at 30 days for joint replacement surgery.
- MBBCH Mansoura University, Egypt. 1988
- FRCS England 2001
- PhD Birmingham University 2000
- FRCS Trauma and Orthopaedics Intercollegiate board 2005
- MS Mansoura University 1993
- Arthroscopic Fellowship University of Alberta Hospitals 2006
Reference number 4485399
Details of entry to specialist register
- FRCS Orth, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
- Ground FloorPriory HouseNorth Wales Business...
- 09:00 - 18:30
- 01745 828902
- Wrexham Technology ParkCroesnewydd...
- 09:00 - 18:30
- 01978 268057
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Given to patients as required.