- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Basic medical degree MbChB obtained in Bristol, UK 1991. Postgraduate degree MD obtained in Glasgow, UK 2006. Appointed as a consultant Gastroenterologist 2006. I have qualified and fully trained in UK. I look after all aspects of digestive disorders with more emphasis on the disorders of the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestines. Procedures carried out include gastroscopy and colonoscopy as well as wireless capsule endoscopy of the small intestine.
Areas of interest
Luminal gastroenterology (digestive disorders involving oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine): including inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis); Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS); Endoscopic procedures (Gastroscopy/colonoscopy/small bowel capsuleendoscopy); Gastro-oesophageal reflux; investigation of anaemia
Current NHS consultant posts held
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
Potential causes for the cancer of the oesophagus with publications in international Journals, ultimately providing the basis for Post Doctorate degree in Glasgow University
All aspects of disorders of the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestines. I look after complex inflammatory bowel diseases for The Southern General Hospital but look after all aspects of digestive diseases. Procedures carried out include gastroscopy and colonoscopy as well as wireless capsule endoscopy of the small intestine (one of the few GI specialists in Glasgow with the latter expertise). Teaching good endoscopic skills to specialist trainees.
English (first language)
1. Current Management and novel therapeutic strategies for refractory ascites and hepatorenal syndrome. Q J Med 2001
2. Conditions for acid catalysed luminal nitrosation are maximal at the gastric cardia.
3. Validation of Microdialysis Probes for Studying Nitrosative Chemistry Within Localized Regions of the Human Upper Gastrointestinal Tract.
Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology 2003
4. Nitrate and nitrosative chemistry within Barrett's oesophagus during acid reflux.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Bristol University 1991
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians Royal College of Physicians 1994
- Doctor of Medicine (Post Doctorate Degree) Glasgow University 2006
Reference number 3549586
Details of entry to specialist register
- Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine, 2006
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital, G52 3NQ
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 0141 810 3151
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Via Switchboard BMI Ross Hall Hospital; patients are given my mobile phone for direct access
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
IV sedation administered by operator - (5-50)
Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD) includes forceps biopsy, biopsy urease test and dye spray - (5-50)
Diagnostic colonoscopy, includes forceps biopsy of colon and ileum - (1-5)
Diagnostic oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD) and immediate colonoscopy includes forceps biopsies, biopsy test and dye spray (as sole procedure) - (1-5)