- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Video and telephone consultations
I have practiced as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist within the NHS for twelve years. Seven years ago following the births of my own children I decided there was a need for children and adolescents to be assessed and treated privately in intimate, confidential surroundings within Northern Ireland. Having attended 352 Healthcare for my own private obstetric and paediatric care I decided to offer my services within this environment. I wanted to offer evening appointments to ensure both parents could attend and avoid time off work for parents and time off school for children. Evening treatment appointments ensure that a child does not experience the secondary handicap of falling behind with schoolwork on top of other issues.
Areas of interest
• Anxiety disorder • Minor depressive disorder • Major depressive disorder • OCD • ADHD
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Lead Beechcroft Hospital (Regional Inpatient Unit for adolescents with mental health difficulties in NI)
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, Belfast
Media spokesperson for The Royal College of Psychiatrists in Northern Ireland promoting good mental health for children and young people.
Music, reading, travel, drama
- MB BCh BAO Queens University, Belfast 1991
- MRCPsych Royal College of Psychiatrists 1996
- Intermediate Level Training Systemic Family Therapy University of Cardiff 2000
Reference number 3275649
Details of entry to specialist register
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2001
- 352 Healthcare 352 Lisburn Road BELFAST BT9 6GJ
- 17:30 - 21:30
- 0845 600 6352
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.