- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 16 Jun 2020
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
I completed my higher surgical training in the North East of England and I spent an additional 18 months of fellowship speciality training in New Zealand; this helped me gain invaluable experience in elbow, hand and wrist surgery, particularly in the fields of sports injuries and rehabilitation, together with upper limb reconstructions and joint replacements.
I relocated to the South East from Newcastle upon Tyne, where I had been a Consultant for 6 years, from 2006 to July 2012, specialising in surgeries of the elbow, hand and wrist; my practice also included general orthopaedic and trauma surgery.
My previous private practice was based at Spire Washington Hospital and I am now currently based at the Spire Montefiore Hospital in Hove and the Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital.
Areas of interest
Hand surgery; Wrist Surgery; Elbow Surgery; Dupytren's disease; De Quervain's Disease; carpal tunnel syndrome; cubital tunnel release; trigger finger release; finger joint replacement; removal of ganglia; Tennis elbow; golfer's elbow; steroid injection; wrist arthroscopy; thumb-based arthritis; mallet finger injuries; tendon injuries
Anaesthetists worked with
Ms Lisa Tourret has worked with Dr Richard Kavanagh at the following hospitals:
- Spire Montefiore Hospital (1-5)
- Shoulder2Hand Personal Website: https://shoulder2hand.wixsite.com/shoulder2hand
- Linkedin Professional Profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/shoulder2hand/
- Nuffield Hospital Consultant Profiile: http://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/ms-lisa-tourret
- Spire Montefiore Hospital Consultant Profile: http://www.spirehealthcare.com/Montefiore/Our-Treatments-and-Facilities/Our-Consultants/Ms-Lisa-Tourret/
- Spring Orthopaedic Group: http://www.springgroup.org/
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Hand Surgeon
Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath, West Sussex The Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, East Sussex
Distal radius fractures. Thumb-based arthritis.
I am a keen road cyclist and marathon/half marathon runner and have competed several events on behalf of various charities.
I also enjoy hiking, travel and spending time with friends and family.
Courses offered to GPs
Upper Limb Event / Interactive GP Talk
- Msc Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Technology University of Dundee 2007
Reference number 3545867
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Advisory Appointments Committee Representative Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- FRCS (Tr&Orth), 2005
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
British Society of the Shoulder and Hand
British Elbow and Shoulder Society
International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand
European Wrist Arthroscopy Society
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital, BN2 6DX
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01273 627008
- Spire Montefiore Hospital, BN3 1RD
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01273 828030
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Cath Amos: Private Practice Manager.
Tel 07791 801232
PO Box 5418, Brighton, BN50 8HQ