- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Mr Kumar graduated from University of Delhi, and did basic surgical and orthopaedic training in India, before moving to the UK. He trained in Orthopedics in Aberdeen before further subspecialising in Shoulder and Elbow surgery. His advanced training Fellowships in Shoulder and Elbow surgery were at Reading Shoulder Unit, and the Upper Limb Unit at Wrightington Hospital. Both these institutions are world renowned for Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
He has been a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics since 2007, practising general Orthopaedics with a special subspecialty interest in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery.
Areas of interest
Shoulder and elbow surgery; Joint replacements
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Woodend Hospital.
Recurrent shoulder dislocations
Fracture Humerus(Arm bone)
English, Hindi, Punjabi
Courses offered to GPs
Evaluation and management of painful shoulder
Injection techniques for shoulder and elbow
Common elbow disorders
Role of shoulder arthroplasty
- MBBS University of Delhi 1989
- MS(Orthopaedics) University of Delhi 1992
- MCh(Orth) University of Aberdeen 1997
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 1999
- FRCS(Tr&Orth) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 2004
- Advanced Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery Reading Shoulder Unit, Reading 2005
- Advanced Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Upper Limb Unit, Wrightington Hospital 2006
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Elbow and Shoulder Surgery
International Society for Knowledge for surgeons on Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty (On Executive Board)
- BMI Albyn Hospital, AB10 1RW
- 08:00 - 12:30
- 01224 595993
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.